Chap 48: Let's head back!

The fight was over.Coronzon was defeated by the imagine breaker.At least that's what the others saw.

Touma was quite heavily injured during this fight.So,the others were treating him.
On the other hand,Aleister crowley was separated from the rest of the team and was lying injured on the ground.

By the time Accelerator stepped into the broken and tilted temple, there was no one there.

(Ignore the phone at all cost!)

He looked down at the girl lying on her back with silver hair splayed out around her. A lot of blood had flowed from the deep wound, the color of the skin exposed to the winter sea breeze showed a considerable drop in body temperature, and then there was the internal damage. There was no saving her.At leats that's how it looks like. All Accelerator could do was manipulate vectors. He could optimize what was there, but he could not provide what was not.

Accelerator and Aleister.
Both of them were covered in blood.

Aleister opens her mouth while looking at the being in front of her,

“Revenge, is it?”

One had built a bond of trust with a demon and crossed the Abyss. The other had failed and been rejected.

This was the moment when the child surpassed the adult,the student surpasses the teacher.

Aleister continues,

“You succeeded, #1… Your world was far beyond my reach.”

Accelerator looks at her and says,

“Is this all?”

The Accelerator's voice was low.

“This is how it ends, Aleister? This doesn’t even count as revenge.”

Aleister smiles and answers,

“Are you dissatisfied? A century ago, Mathers and I were so obsessed with the 5=6 promotion issue and the honorary 7=4 title, so our souls would have raged with envy had we heard you say that. Still, I am sorry. It is true this is not an end for me you could accept. Looking at it again, I am tapping out with so much left undone, aren’t I?”

Hypothetically speaking, what would you do if you hated someone so much you wanted to kill them, but then you found them collapsed near death due to nothing related to your own actions?

Would you point and laugh until your sides ached?
Would you consider it a stroke of good luck and supply the finishing blow?