Thirty:- That's Rough Buddy

Mulai dari awal

"You can sit down if you want. I'll make us some drinks," Jadrianne offered. Did she just ignore my question?! His jaw tightened but decided to brush it off.

"Wait! It's fine!" He rushed to her side. "I can make my own stuff. You go take out your meds for later." Jadrianne grinned and kissed his cheek. "I have bruises; not broken limbs. I'm fine," she assured. Nathan was stunned from the light attack he received, but he shook it off. "That shouldn't even be said so casually," he said.

It was a sight to see. Nathan was genuinely concerned for the girl he'd wished to jump off a building. After taking note of the details of this expression, Jadrianne gave in. "I'll rest after I make you a drink," she emphasized when he opened his mouth to interrupt. Before he could nudge himself to stop her, she already ambled over to the kitchen. Clenching his fists, he sighed and dragged his feet to sit on a stool across the kitchen counter.

"Any preference?" She asked without turning to face him. "Do whatever you know." He shrugged. While watching her casually make his drink, he took notice of the little details he never thought he'd take the time to.

He knew she was still in pain when he got glimpses of her wincing when she accidentally let the door of the cabinet hit her wrist and when she leaned on one side where coincidentally her bruised leg was. Besides that, he realized that despite the pain she's enduring, her hands gracefully poured in the water and casually using the utensils even he didn't know the functions of. Not one second of hesitation like her forgetting what was the ingredient or which cup she should use. He didn't say it, but he was impressed. He wondered how it would be like if she was working at the coffee shop with him.

Wait, what?! He was shocked at his own thoughts. Did he seriously imagined her working as a barista at his workplace . . . with him?! He knew he was losing his mind already. What is she doing to me? He audibly let out a heavy sigh.

"Here's a cup of Mocha Praline Frappuccino for that one hell of a sigh," she spoke, breaking him out of his thoughts. He looked down to the beverage presented to him. He couldn't believe the presentation. "How in the whipped cream do you call this a beverage you serve a guest?!" He shrieked. "Why? You don't like it?" She asked. He shook his head vigorously and threw his arms in the air. "Don't like it?! It looks like it came from that goddamn green mermaid lady shop!"

Jadrianne tilted her head to the side. "So? Good? No?" She questioned. "Did you not hear the Starbucks part?" He deadpanned. He couldn't believe her. "Your words and face didn't match. Plus, your tone sounded like I offended the queen of England or something," she quoted. Nathan contorted his face in disbelief. "You're unbelievable! Yes, it looks good it's stupid!" He then took a sip. 

"Shit! It tastes good; it's ridiculous!" He exclaimed and burrowed his head in his arms on the table. Jadrianne raised her eyebrow at his feedback. "What I'm seeing now is ridiculous," she commented but still broke out a grin. I guess he isn't used to giving compliments. She mused in thought.

"I'm gonna change. You can turn on the TV or anything. Make yourself at home." She gestured before walking into; what he presumes; is her room. Nathan brought his fancy drink and sat on the sofa bed. It's soft. He thought as he got comfortable. He noticed there weren't any pictures around the place. The apartment didn't give off any vibes that a family was living here. It proposed a question mark to his head. Where's her family? Didn't she say that they weren't normal? He pondered.

He took a sip of his drink. It's sweet. He licked his lips. Nathan didn't think she'd be someone who'd make something so pretty. He grimaced when he didn't expect the word 'pretty' would even be in his vocabulary. He heard the door behind him click open. "Hey, why aren't you turning the TV on?" Jadrianne queried. Nathan placed his drink on the coffee table in front of him and twisted himself to look behind. "It's not like there's anything I wanna watch-"