Thirty-Seven:- Dangerously Cheesy

•Jadrianne's Apartment•

"You thirsty?" Jadrianne asked from the kitchen counter. Nathan only nodded his head as he made himself comfortable on her sofa.

While she was preparing drinks, her eyes stared forward as her mind shrouded with thoughts. I can't believe how easy I can just tell him something I don't like remembering. She shook her head and brought their drinks over to him once she was done.

Nathan's eyes fixed on her as she silently set the cups on the table. He couldn't help but notice how she put his cup on a coaster while hers wasn't.

Jadrianne leaned back against one of end of the couch sitting cross-legged facing Nathan. The brunet subconsciously copied her movements one his end of the couch. He kept silent and patiently wait for her to get comfortable.

She rubs the back of her neck and exhaled. "Well, I guess it's story time." Jadrianne sighed and crossed her arms as her eyes stared at the cushion in between them, thinking of where to start. After a moment, she decided to start it with: "My . . . older brother came . . ."

Nathan's breath hitched in his throat the moment she said the first sentence.

Flashback

"Long time no see, baby sister."

Deep green eyes like hers, taller, broader, muscular, and a deeper voice. She noticed all these in one look and listen. She doubted who it was, but she never forgets one's intention through their eyes. The man in front of her was no exception.

This man was none other than her older brother, Kayne Clarke.

Jadrianne said nothing and only stared at him with no emotion held in her eyes. The elder sibling, Kayne, chuckled lowly as he stepped closer to her. "Are you going to greet me, adelfí?"

The shorter sibling's jaw tightened despite her eyes staying emotionless; she opened the door wider and stepped aside. Kayne smirked and stepped inside. The blond intimidating man walk inside her apartment and scanned the environment. He made no comment but only lets out an audible hum.

As his emerald orbs look around, they paused for a moment when they spot the kitchen. It was only a few seconds before he pulled his vision away from it when he heard the front door being locked.

"So, how have you been, Anne?"

Hearing the name, Jadrianne stopped in her tracks but didn't look at him. Kayne noticed her actions and turned back to face her tall windows that look over the town. "I see you've used your inheritance well. It is a nice place," he commented, "it suits you. High up and overlooking all that is below."

The blond sibling chuckled lowly. "As expected, superiority runs in our blood, of course, to be above everyone else."

The last statement made Jadrianne turn around. "Why are you here?"

Kayne turned away from the window and folded his arms as he made eye contact with his younger sister. "Why? To see you, of course! I wanted to see my baby sister in her senior year of high school!"

His words and the look in his eyes didn't match. ". . . You hate me. Try again."

A devious smirk displayed on Kayne's lips at her response and he slightly laughed. "Sharp as always, Anne. You never disappoint. Oh, wait. You are the disappointment."