Nine:- I'm Not Sick (REVAMPED)

Nine:- I'm Not Sick

Next Day

Uggghhhh, I feel like shit. Nathan thought as he dragged his feet across the pavement into his school. All wary eyes were on him as he walked past the students. Why wouldn't they? They're not used to seeing the Demon Nerd looking so gloomy and horribly sick first thing in the morning.

His face was flushed red because of his rising body temperature, his eyes were a little droopy and he was coughing at the same time. Even though he felt his body burning up, he felt cold.

Despite his clothing being heat absorbent with the plain round neck black t-shirt with a black hooded jacket zipped up and a pair of black skinny jeans with his black with white Converse high tops. He was still shivering like a wet dog and it irritated him to no end.

The hood was put over his head with his bag strap slung over one shoulder as always while he just stared ahead with a hard expression displayed on his face. Despite he wasn't feeling his best today, his cold character won't go away and he glared at those who were staring at him.

"Is he sick or something?"

"Shut up! Don't say it so loud."

"A sick Demon looks scarier, though."

Nathan just rolled his eyes and made his way to the class of his first period. Classes haven't started yet, he felt it would be better to sit in class first instead of walking like a zombie around the school grounds. He went over to his seat near the window.

He set his bag on the ground by the wall and took out his notes. He wasn't going to let a fever stop him from studying. Nathan Howland was not a guy to give up easily. As he read, a memory of what happened back at his house in the morning before he went off for school.

Early in The Morning

Taking heavy steps down the stairs, Nathan lazily brought himself to the kitchen like every morning before school. Stepping in, he saw his father at the kitchen stove cooking. Nathan's father was a very good cook and he would be the cook in the house but whenever Jacob was busy with his work and couldn't cook for his sons; Logan would be the substitute cook.

It was weird that the younger brother knew how to cook rather than the older brother. Most families would assume the oldest child to know about cooking.

Nathan couldn't cook at all. That was one of the things that he hasn't mastered yet. Nathan didn't feel embarrassed, however, he didn't have the chance since his attention was into studying, after school activities and his job.

"Oh, morning, son." Jacob greeted with a warm smile. Jacob Hayes Howland was a tall man; as tall as Nathan himself. Even though he was in his 40's, he was a very attractive man. He has similar black hair as Nathan, but it had noticeable white hair due to stress. Jacob's hair was combed over with gel that was glistening if light were shone on it. He has features which his sons inherited from him. He has glistening caramel eyes with a strong jaw. Both of his sons inherited those. Sometimes all three of them would be mistaken as brothers.

Nathan sat down on the tall stool at the island with a yawn; followed by a cough. "Morning, dad." He grumbled. Jacob noticed his son's condition. He turned off the fire of the stove and served breakfast which was fried eggs and bacon. He pushed the plate to Nathan who was grateful for the served breakfast.

"What's wrong, son?" Jacob asked as he sat down across from Nathan. Nathan coughed and just shook his head. "Nothing, dad." Jacob didn't buy it so he reached over and pressed the back of his hand onto Nathan's forehead and as soon as he made contact, he retracted his hand away on reflex. "Whoa, that's hot!" Jacob hissed, surprised.