Chapter 26

Luna opened her eyes and found herself awoke in the infirmary. She looked at her body to see a few patches here and there, feeling glad to only sustain some minor injuries whereas some of the others there had it worse.

"You're finally awake."

Luna looked to her side to see Miranda sitting next to her bed. "What happened? Did we win?"

"We've successfully taken Kinderley from the grip of the demons," Miranda said. "You held on quite impressively."

Luna sighed in relief. All those training paid off when she fought Velmaia, though she didn't think that her training would allow her to face off against Aeziana on her own. "What am I going to tell Europa when I get back?"

"That is up to you," Miranda answered. "Tell me, what happened to those girls? When I saw you, you were unconscious. And no dead bodies were found, I only saw a pool of blood."

"I killed the younger one. But when I was about to kill the older one, she pushed me back against the wall, and that's the last thing I remembered."

Miranda furrowed her eyebrows. "But you're certain that you killed the younger one?"

Luna's nodding made Miranda wonder if they'll ever see Aeziana again. After they've lost their base in Lathrion, the flooding of Stonefall, and recently the battle of Kinderley gave Miranda a strong feeling that she's more involved with the demons than they think. 

"Where's Janus?" Luna asked as Miranda stood up to walk out of the room.

"He's standing guard," Miranda said. "Want to say something to him?"

"No. Just asking."

"Well then, if you'll excuse me." Miranda walked out of the infirmary.

*************************

I know this chapter isn't much, it's more like the calm after the storm. So she did it, Luna fought in a siege and actually survived.

Qotd: If this were to be a movie, who do you think should play Luna?

As usual, don't forget to comment and vote guys and gals.

I dedicate this chapter to SaraBJon who just discovered the story. Hope you're enjoying Of Angels and Demons, two more books are waiting for you. Also thanks for dedicating a chapter in your book for me, here's one for you too :)

-Zyrofern