Prologue

Who in their right mind would knock on someone's door in the middle of the night when it was raining cats and dogs?

After Europa had tucked the last of her children in to bed, she heard a knocking on her front door. Although she found it strange for someone to come visit her in the middle of the night, she wanted to see who it was regardless. She opened the door but saw nothing other than her neighbour's house and the water droplets that trickled down all around town. Probably just some pranksters playing tricks on her. As she was about to head back in, a thunder clap broke the sound of water coming into contact with a solid surface, and that's when she heard it.

The sound of a baby's cry filled her ears. She turned around and found a basket laying on her doorstep. And as she looked closer, she saw a baby girl lying within it, crying. Carefully, she picked up the basket and brought it into her dwelling, placing it on her dining table before picking the baby up to comfort her. She had done it before, despite never really having any biological children, she opened her doors as a home for girls.

"A baby!"

Europa looked at the girl that called out. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?"

The little girl ignored the question and ran to see the face of the newborn. "Can we keep her? She can sleep in my room," the girl said enthusiastically.

Europa paused to think. Why would the baby's parents drop her off on her front door if not for her to be cared for? And even though she was raising half a dozen girls already, she thought that having another one wouldn't hurt too much. "Alright, she can stay with us."

"Yay!" The girl jumped in excitement. She ran into every room, telling everyone about the arrival of their new family member. Some of the older girls find her to be pestering their sleep. But despite their weariness, they all woke up to see the face of the baby.

*************************

So that's the prologue, folks. How's it going? Hope you're all doin' fine. Anyways, prepare yourselves, for a new adventure is about to begin.

As usual, if you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to leave a vote and comments are always much appreciated. See you all in the next chapter

I dedicate this chapter to Serene_Melody who binge read the first book and commented on every chapter. When I woke up to check on my Wattpad notifications, I had over 100+ and it was all thanks to her. She's one of my motivating reasons to keep writing this story. So if you're reading this, thank you. And also be sure to check out her profile :)

-Zyrofern