Chapter 5

I didn't cry for long. Five minutes and what I was doing hit me: I was pouring my eyes out for a stupid boy I met yesterday. That was a big no, no.

'Sorry...' I mumbled to Sony while whipping my eyes. 'At least now I know that my mascara works, right?'

Sony smiled at me.

'You up for lunch?' She asked.

'Sure!" I put on the fake smile that I had come to use so many times lately, but I think she saw right through it, she just decided to let it slide.

 We walked in the restaurant and EVERYBODY stopped to look at the new girl. I wasn't very good with attention and unconsciously I could feel my hand going to my ribbon and untying my hair so I could hide my face behind it.

'Don't be shy, Pix. You are gorgeous.' Sony said while passing her arm trough mine and leading me to the line.

We passed the many plates of gourmet food, I put some spaghetti with sea food sauce over if and Sony got a bunch of stuff that I didn't recognize. After that she leaded me to a table where there was a bunch of skaters, which I found strange that those were Sony's friends, but who was I to judge.

'Hi, people! This is Lyla and she is new here, so be nice!' she said and she stared to tell me their names.

Pete was a dude with short ginger hair and a tattoo of an eagle on his upper arm that showed trough his rolled up sleeve.  

Charlie had brown hair and wore one of those snickers with wheels on the bottom so you could skate while walking and looked a bit high.

Rory looked like a shy girl, she had brown hair like Charlie, and well she was Charlie's twin.

Pink was a girl that looked exactly like a young Pink (the singer) which was a bit weird, but they were mostly nice. And she looked really familiar.

'Hi, shortie!' Charlie said and Pete gave me a head wave.

Rory gave me a small smile and Pink gave me a big one and picked her bag up form a chair so I could sit.

'Thanks' I said in a small voice.

I picked up my fork and started to play with my food never eating anything.

'She'll fit right in, she has this whole tortured princess look working for her' Pink declared and then turned to the other students that were still watching me and yelled 'Yes, she is a real girl now go take your daddy's money and buy yourselves lives.'

'So what is your story?' Pete asked while stealing a fry from Sony's plate.

'I moved in with my dad yesterday, I used to live in Florida before...' I said not wanting to get into details.

'Who is your dad?' Sony asked.

'Trent Johnson' I said quietly.

'Omg, you are Mike Shane's sister?' Rory asked for the first time since I reached the table. Her eyes were sparkling; I could so tell that she had a crush on Mike.

'Step-sister. And I never actually talked to him...' I corrected her.

Everyone was looking at Rory with knowing eyes and she blushed a deep shade of red.

'Ok, let's see your schedule, Lyla.' Charlie said to save his sister from more embarrassment.

A DAYS:                                     

Advanced Chemistry                  

Mathematics