Inspiration [Rohan Kishibe]

Start from the beginning

(Y/N). One of Josuke's friends that Rohan had met briefly before. However, he always saw them hanging out with Koichi and the others. They always seemed to act a bit shy, even when Rohan wasn't around, he noted. They didn't seem too interesting to him, so he decided it would be best not to approach them.

But why, why couldn't he get the image of them out of his head? He had said to himself that you were just another normal high schooler (aside from being a stand user) and that there was nothing interesting about you. Yet, his mind just wouldn't let go of your image, bringing it up constantly.

It wasn't like he liked you – you were just another normal person. Why in god's name would the great Rohan Kishibe be interested in someone so normal? Sure, you might have similar taste to his, similar hobbies. But so were they a lot of others with the same interest. You might be quiet and kind, the one to enjoy simple things. Completely opposite of what he would find suiting for himself, he thought. Rohan was rejecting any thought about liking you in any aspect.

And it still bugged him – why couldn't he draw another face or person? At first, he stated that it was simply because your face was so normal. Like anyone could have the face shape, the beautiful (E/C)-ed eyes, and the slightly crooked smile. He tried convincing himself that your features were just the ones of a background character. And that'd be the reason why he kept drawing you – he was used to seeing the same face.

But even if he tried his best, he couldn't bring himself to trust that theory fully. Everything about it was wrong – you had the most perfect features he had seen, he had to admit. Even if wanted nothing to do with you, he had to accept the fact that your face was unique.

After the third time, he erased his sketch he thought about this being a side effect from an enemy stand user. Yet there were no signs of such. And what would that stand's ability even be? Forcing someone to draw the same exact person over and over again, only to drive the target insane? That was ridiculous! It obviously had big flaws. What if the target doesn't draw that often? Or what if the target actually likes it? (God, Rohan despised the 'same-face' problem) What if the target doesn't draw at all?

On the fourth erasing he had to rip out the paper from his sketchbook as the eraser had dig up a hole in it after repeatedly rubbing there. As he walked over to the trash can to get rid of the paper he noticed you. You were sitting with your friends at a café. With Josuke. A frown quickly formed on Rohan's face. He couldn't decide if it was because of Josuke or because of you – the one that caused his current misery.

Then an idea popped in his mind – if he drew you, perhaps this 'curse' would be broken and he would be able to draw something else. And so he sat down on a bench right across from the café, where he had the perfect view of you. Within only twenty minutes he was done with several sketches of you, in different poses.

He hated to admit it – in fact, he was so angry about feeling that, that he could feel the warmth of his 'anger' radiate off of his cheeks – but he actually liked drawing you. Rohan liked your poses and expressions, they were just so good! It was like a gold mine.

He was just finishing up his last sketch of you when a sudden voice startled him.

"Hi, Rohan- sensei!". The mangaka lifted his gaze up to see none other than Koichi approaching him. He had a small polite smile on his lips. Rohan returned the greeting. "I didn't expect to see you here, you know, so close to an angered Josuke." Koichi lightly chuckled, motioning to his friends at the café.

Rohan let out a low grunt and rolled his eyes. "I just came here to sketch. Tell Josuke to not feel flattered." Koichi only chuckled and fixed his gaze on the sketchbook. His eyes widened as he realized who it was.