Chapter 20 {R & Z}

~ ☾~

"Is Zach okay?" Jack asked as I plumped down next to him on the couch, his eyes scanning my face for clues.

I realised he must have sensed Zach's scent on me, together with the heavy sadness laced within.

"Yeah," I said. "He's um, he's working through a little something right now, but he'll be okay."

He put his phone away, the corners of his lips pulling up into a smug look. "So... did you have a good night with him?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I caught myself and fought the impulse to roll my eyes. Smirking slightly, I decided to play along.

I threw my head back dreamily. "Amazing," I sighed. "All though we barely even slept at all."

Jack's face went slack, his eyes widening. "Wait, what? What do you mean?"

"Oh, you know." I shrugged.

His jaw dropped a few inches.

"Binge watching High School Musical and all," I added, my grin growing.

It took him a second. Then he continued breathing, a chuckle of relief bursting out of his throat. "Okay, that was not at all what I was expecting, but good for you," he placed a hand on my shoulder, patted the spot, "keep up the good work. Then I don't have to worry about becoming an uncle at the age of nineteen."

I scoffed, pushing his arm off. "How many times do I have to tell you I'm not planning on becoming a teenage mom?"

"Sure, but does anyone? I mean, you never know. All it takes is-"

I glared at him, cut him off. "Hey, last time you already drilled me about the importance of using protection, and I can assure you, really, really assure you, that we do. Okay?"

He held his hands up, mocking innocence. Amusement soaked his features. "Alright. But like, is he, um, good at it?" He nudged my side with his elbow. "You know."

I felt the blood rush up to my cheeks and I looked away quickly, feeling shy all of a sudden. "Shut up."

His smirk widened. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes," I blurted out too loudly as he kept nudging my side. My face was so hot right now it started to hurt. "Not that I've got any former experiences to compare him with, but yes, I'd say he's really good. He makes me feel like it's all about me, about making me feel good-" I cut myself off. "Why are we talking about this again?"

Jack ignored my question. "Okay, but like how um... is he like..?" He made a motion with his hands that made my eyebrows fly through the ceiling.

I gaped at my brother, who now looked even more uncomfortable than I felt. "What the fuck, Jack, did you really just ask me about his siz-"

"Out of biological interest only!" He rushed out, blushing. Blushing. "That's all, I swear. I'm just... curious?"

"What the- what?" I frowned at him even more. "Okay, what the hell is going on with you? Because if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're either crushing on Zach or you're suddenly insecure about your own manhood or something."