Jeongguk's 23rd

not a short story. prompt maybe?

TZUKOOK

"Happy Birthday!" Tzuyu says showing him the birthday cake she just baked few minutes ago.

Jeongguk closed his eyes to make a wish and blew the candle, "You told me you have full schedule?"

"Five years of friendship, Gguk. You should know by now that I always make time for you." Tzuyu pat his back and signalled him to sit down. "I baked you a cake since I'm a good baker but I suck at cooking so I ordered in our favorite chinese restaurant."

"If we weren't friends you'd fool me with your plating." Jeongguk says while laughing, Tzuyu just shrugged and served him the food.

Jeongguk gave her a confused face when Tzuyu handed him a photo album, he flipped the first page and saw the first selca they took. next page, the first time they hangout outside work. next page, the first time they went bowling. And so on with their "firsts"

"I remember this," Jeongguk says, "This is where we helped Taehyung to sneak in Dahyun's apartment, so he can make an effort for her solo debut celebration."

Tzuyu nodded, "I'm thankful we made alot of experience with our friendship, Gguk. I really am. You're just not only my bestfriend, but also my brother. Thank you for existing, Jeon."

Jeongguk still gave her a smile, even with her words makes him feel sad. He knew she has no idea about his feelings. I want us to be more than friends, but I'm already fine with us being friends."

Liked by dahyunkim, park

Liked by dahyunkim, park.jm and 1M others
chou.tzuyu Happy Birthday to my person 🤗

DAHKOOK

Dahyun has no choice but to come. No-one knows what happened besides the both of them. "Nothing happened, Dahyun-ah." She chanted those words until Jeongguk had to knock on her door.

They stared at each other even though they just saw each other last night. "I-uh. Mom told me to fetch you." Jeongguk stutters.

Dahyun just smiled and nodded, their houses are just next to each other but their walk felt hours.

"I hope you like my gift." She says and handed him the gift, "I saw you staring at it when we went to the mall."

Jeongguk took a peek inside and smiled, "It's the denim jacket I wanted."

Dahyun can feel her heart tingling, which is bad. They're childhood friends, she can't have feelings. Not right now.

"Thank you, Da." And out of habit, Jeongguk kissed her forehead. "Oh, I'm sorry."

The two stopped walking because they're infront of Jeongguk's house, they both can see their other friends hanging out inside.

"It's okay." Dahyun says giving him a reassuring smile and walked away first, "Dahyun-ah."