Chapter 16

*edited*

I woke up and in an instant, dread filled my body. 

The Third Task.

Fleur could die in this task. Harry could die in this task. Viktor and Cedric could as well. This task was so damn dangerous. All the tasks were dangerous, but I had a bad feeling about this task. I sat up in my bed and looked towards the clock: 6:11am. I rubbed my eyes and I swung my legs over my bed and stood up. I yawned and stretched. Then I sighed. I was so afraid for Fleur and Harry that I couldn't sleep. I finally did around 4. So, I only had two hours of sleep. I walked towards the bathroom and did my daily routine.

I walked out of the bathroom wearing a simple, white spaghetti strap, black and green flannel, black skinny jeans, black converse, and a studded belt. I left my hair natural and I was wearing the necklace Draco gave me for my birthday. I fed my cat, Shy. Shy has gotten quite big since the first day I gotten him. And by big, I also mean fat. He was still lovable and cute as ever though. 

I pet Shy while he ate, thinking about the task that was to come. I had a bad feeling about this task; I could feel it. No one was even remotely upset enough to complain to Dumbledore about this. Why did he even left this happen in the first place? Don't we have more important things to worry about? Why are we putting kids' lives in danger? I decided to talk to Dumbledore about this even though it was too late. Perhaps I could change his mind.

I walked down the stairs and into the common room. Yup, no one was up. I walked out the portrait hole. I was walking down the corridor when I saw Harry Potter talking with my father. It looked like Harry had done something wrong, but I wasn't going to butt in just yet. Perhaps I will just ask Harry or my dad about it.

"Good morning, Dad! Good morning, Harry! Good luck in the task today! Don't die!" Harry let out a chuckle, probably thinking I was just joking, but I wasn't. My father just smiled lightly at me before getting back to Harry. 

Once I arrived at Dumbledore's... office door? It was statue, but also a door in a way? Stairs? 'Forget it, I'm not wasting my time on figuring out what to call this damn thing!' I rolled my eyes and hummed to myself, trying to figure out the password. I didn't quite remember.

I snapped my fingers in remembrance. "Sherbet Lemon!?" I shouted. The statue started to turn and I congratulated myself and made my way up. I knocked on the door and it opened.

"Professor Dumbledore?" I asked. Dumbledore was just sitting at his desk. He seemed to be deep in thought about something.

"Ah, Kelsie. Is there something you need?" Dumbledore rose from his seat and made his way toward me.

"I," I paused, for I hesitated on telling him my feelings. "I have a bad feeling about this event. Someone is going to die or something! I just know it!" I sighed, my face in concern.

"That is how the Triwizard Tournament is. Am I afraid that someone will die? Yes." 

"Why does the ministry do this kind of stuff? Do they want certain people to die? Would they know who'd enter it? What sadistic thing is this?" I questioned.

"Kelsie, "

"Out of all people, I would of never thought of you letting this sort of thing happen here. To you, to the students and their families, the teachers, this school, to anyone and everyone." I turned on my heel and left. 

-Time Skip-

I was in the stands with Gabrielle. My group on the other side of the stadium, probably wondeirng where I was. They knew I would show up. They knew I cared too much about Fleur to skip out on any event of hers. The canon went off before Dumbledore even annouced it.. Cedric and Harry ran in, then Viktor, and then Fleur. All I could do was sit and wait.

Awhile had went by, Gabrielle and I caught up with some small talk, but it mostly consisted of worrying about Fleur. I looked around the stands and my eyes found Ron and Hermione. They were obviously worried about Harry and as was I.

A bright caught my attention. I moved my eyes to the light and saw that sparks flew up from the maze. Fleur returned out of no where. She was still and wasn't moving. She was soon checked and Dumbledore announced that she was alive, just petrified.

Viktor came out and he was just stunned. Harry and Cedric were the only ones left and I hoped they ended up okay.

It was silent between Gabrielle and I, Fleur was in the Hospital Wing getting treated, along with Viktor. I wondered to the contestants, wondering if they were all okay. Two of them were soon answered as two people warped through the air and onto the ground. The band started to play and people started to clap, but something was wrong as I heard cries coming from a boy.

Those cries came from Harry. And those tears and screams was for Cedric, lying cold and dead on the ground. I stood up from my spot as others seemed to the same, the band died down and a couple authority figures ran over. I included myself, but before I could get to the scene, I was stopped by my father, as he held me close. I didn't really know Cedric, but I cried. I cried because I was right. I cried because Dumbledore didn't listen to me at the last moment. I cried out of anger.

"He's back! He's back!" Harry cried out, silence taking over the stadium as everyone watched. "Voldemort's back! Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back! I couldn't leave him! I couldn't leave him-- not there!"

I froze at Harry's words. I was no longer shaking and I couldn't feel anything. Voldemort was back and now not only Harry's world is going to be more twisted, but so is mine. So is my father's and my friends. Everyone.

Cornelius Fudge ran over to my father, McGonagall, and I ordering them, "Keep everybody in there seats! A boy has just been killed." He ran back over to Dumbledore. "The body must be moved! Dumbledore, there's too many people."

"Stay here or go to your room, Kelsie." My dad told me, running over to the crowd of people standing over Harry and Cedric's body.

"Let me through!" A male voice called out. A body flew past me and to Cedric. "That's my son! That's my son!" They cried. The man dropped to his knees and helped Cedric close. "It's my son!" 

I heard Cho crying to my right and I felt arms around me. They belonged to Seamus. I hugged him, bursting into tears.

 The next morning, we were in the Great Hall. Today was the last day here at Hogwarts. I was still a bit petrified from yesterday's events. People have been depressed all morning and so was I. I played with my food, obviously not in the mood to eat anything.

Dumbledore started to gather everyone's attention, "The ministry of magic, does not wish for me to tell, but if I don't then it's wrong. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort.

He's back.