Chapter 9

*edited*

Filch was trying to put on music for Snape. For some reason, everyone that was a fourth year and up was invited to an empty hall with Filch, Snape, and a record player. It was very suspicious. I in between Crabbe and Ali, Blaise on her right and Goyle on Crabbe's left. Draco on the other hand was across the room on the other side with Pansy. 

Finally Filch got the record working, he smiled at his self in victory of finally accomplishing what seemed to be hard task for him. Snape cleared his throat and started to speak, "Good afternoon. It is required that I teach you to dance for the upcoming Yule Ball." 

Whispers were thrown around the room and I looked over at Draco and Pansy. Pansy squealed in excitement and started talking to Draco about something, but he wasn't listening. Suddenly, his gray eyes met mine and I quickly looked away and to my father, listening to what else he had to say.

"Um, what is a 'Yule Ball'?" A voice asked from somewhere around the room.

"The Yule Ball is a ball that is held on Christmas Day while the Tri-Wizard Tournament is in place. Champions are required to go with a partner. Fourth years and up are of right age to attend with or without a partner. Thirds years and younger, however, are only able to attend if asked by a fourth year or older." Snape explained to everyone. I looked at Ali and she was already planning things with Blaise, her boyfriend. I looked to Crabbe and Goyle and they didn't look too thrilled about the event. "Now, if someone would volunteer to dance?" My father's eyes met mine and I looked away and and then laughter fled through the room. His eyes snapped towards the laughter and it came from Pansy and Draco. Although, Draco didn't look to happy, Pansy thought it was hilarious-- whatever is was.

"Mr. Malfoy," Snape started. 

"I didn't do it!" Draco defended.

"Come here."

"Hell no."

"Now, Mr. Malfoy!" 

Draco's face was red from embarrassment. They got in position for waltzing and the music started. Everyone was laughing at the scene in front of them, including myself. Draco was dancing awkwardly while Snape was scolding him for messing up and not keeping eye contact. It was quite a treat. 

¨Alright, Malfoy, go back to where you were. Any others?¨ Once again, my father's brown eyes met mine. I still haven't resolved things with him. Maybe this could be a start. I stepped out of line and I volunteered to dance.

¨I'll do it.¨ We took position and we started to dance. 

¨Everybody up!¨ Snape ordered as we danced along to the music. They were hesitant at first, but eventually began dancing with people. ¨Kelsie,¨ Snape started. 

¨What?¨

¨I'm sorry. I was a fool to hurt you and let you go like that. I was a fool to not be proud of you. I was a fool for trying to get my reputation up and ignore you and treat like I hate you.¨ He apologized.

¨I just don't understand why your reputation is more important than your own daughter.¨ I told him, sadly.

¨I'll tell you later, but for now, it is not the time and place for it.¨He spun me and I really enjoyed dancing with my father. I haven't done it in a long while.

¨I forgive you. I'm sorry I was so dramatic and was gone for two weeks. I'm such an idiot. I didn't even talk to you when I came back. It's been three months. I shouldn't have been so mad.¨

¨It's alright, Kelsie.¨ He picked me up and spun me. 

The dance continued on for another minute before it ended. After that we continued to dance for about an hour. ¨That will be all for today. Leave.¨ Snape announced. Everyone left, and they had excitement in their eyes. ¨Kelsie, wait.¨

¨Yeah?¨ I turned around and walked up to my father, the last couple people walking out of the room. It was just us.

¨Are you going to the Yule Ball?¨ He asked me.

¨I don't know, maybe. Ali will probably drag me if anything. I might get a date, I might not. I can' tell the future like Trelawney.¨

¨You believe her?¨ 

¨Of course.¨ I answered defensively. ¨She wouldn't be here doing it if she didn't.¨

¨Point made. Go on.¨ I hugged him and it caught him off guard, but he hugged me back before I left to go find somewhere to chill.

On the way on my adventure, I came across Pansy and Draco.

¨Oh, I'm so excited. I can't wait to dance with you there!¨ Pansy squealed.

¨Who said I wanted to go with you? Or dance with you?¨ Draco spat. I gasped at his words toward her.

¨Draco, you're so funny.¨ Pansy said. Before anything else could happen, I left thinking about what he had said. Did he really mean it? Or was he just kidding?

Guess I'll find out in a couple weeks.