Chapter 10

*edited*

*Kelsie's POV.*

I don't even know what I'm going to do for the Yule Ball. I would love to go, but I don't really want to go without a date. Not only would I feel embarrassed about no one asking, but there is only one person I want to go with. And that person is obviously Draco.

'Ugh, get a hold of yourself, Kelsie! You met him like only three months ago! But you've met him before when you were a child...'  I thought to myself. 'Why do I even like him. He can be such an arrogant bitch, but he cares and he's such a baby when it really comes down to it and dear lord his smirk just gets me and his laugh and...' I sighed.

 I was walking around the Quidditch Pitch, examining the scene. I've always wanted to play Quidditch, but I never really had enough passion to train for it. 

"Kelsie!" I didn't recognize his voice, but stopped anyway. Also, everyone calls me by my first name because it'd be like you would be calling out Professor Snape. 

"Kelsie." He said as he stopped to walk by my side. I then realized, it was Seamus. 

"Hey, Seamus." I greeted. I never really talked to Seamus, but he seemed pretty cool and nice. I really liked his accent.

"I-I have an, um, a question to ask you." Seamus said nervously, while scratching the back of his neck.

"That would be?" 

"I, uh, wanted to know if you'd like to go to..." He had said it so quickly, I didn't hear the last few words. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't catch that."

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to the ball with me." He said more clearly. It took me by surprise. Why would Seamus ask me? I never even talked to him, let alone had a proper introduction with him, but sure why the hell not. Maybe I could get over Draco. Seamus is also not the bad looking and he seems really nice.

"Sure, Seamus. I'd love to." He had a shocked expression on his face.

"R-Really?" He stuttered, excitedly. 

"Yeah." I smiled shyly and felt a small blush rise on my cheeks.

"O-Okay," He smiled. "Meet me at the front of the ball, alright?" I nodded and he walked away, happy. I was happy too. 'Maybe I could make Draco jealous? No, Kelsie, that would mean you're basically using Seamus!' 

I scolded myself as I walked up into one of the seating stands to watch Quidditch games. I took out some parchment from my book bag and I started to draw. I wasn't that good, but I still have I was sitting down, in the stands, drawing. I was smart enough to bring pieces of parchment to draw. Then, I heard someone come up.

"Hey." I heard Ali as she sat next to me and looked at my drawing. It was just the scene in front of me, but I added players and more movement. "You're a good artist." She commented, smiling.

"My father says I'm a better singer." I admitted. 

"Wha- You sing?" She asked.

"And write my own songs."

"Can I hear?" She asked, shaking me with excitement. 

"Alright! Alright." I laughed and put my drawing away back into my book bag.

I thought of a song and I knew what I wanted to sing.

(Spanish Sahara- Foals. Pretend she wrote it.)

"So I walked through to the haze
And a million dirty waves
Now I see you lying there
Like a lie-low losing air, air
Black rocks and shoreline sand
Still dead summer I cannot bear
And I wipe the sand from my arms
The Spanish Sahara
The place that you'd wanna
Leave the horror here

Forget the horror here
Leave it all down here
It's future rust and it's future dust

Forget the horror here
Leave it all down here
It's future rust and it's future dust

Now the waves they drag you down
Carry you to broken ground
Though I'll find you in the sand
Wipe you clean with dirty hands
So god damn this boiling space
The Spanish Sahara
The place that you'd wanna
Leave the horror here

Forget the horror here
Leave it all down here
It's future rust and it's future dust

I'm the fury in your head
I'm the fury in your bed
I'm the ghost in the back of your head

'Cause I am

I'm the fury in your head
I'm the fury in your bed
I'm the ghost in the back of your head

'Cause I am

I'm the fury in your head
I'm the fury in your bed
I'm the ghost in the back of your head

'Cause I am

Forget the horror here
Leave it all down here
It's future rust and it's future dust

Choir of furies in your head
Choir of furies in your bed
I'm the ghost in the back of your head

'Cause I am

The choir of furies in your head
Choir of furies in your bed
I'm the ghost in the back of your head

'Cause I am

Choir of furies in your head
Choir of furies in your bed
I'm the ghost in the back of your head

'Cause I am."

"Y-You wrote that?" Ali asked, speechless. I giggled.

"Yeah, a couple years ago.  

"You're an amazing singer and songwriter." She complimented. "You know what?" 

"What?" 

"You should sing at the Yule Ball. And I'm going to Dumbledore to talk about it." Ali suggested. Before I could protest, she was zooming to Dumbledore's office.

"AIi!" I yelled from the stands. I sighed and decided to follow her. "Get back here!" 

I ran all the way right on her tail, but she was must faster than I was, resulting her into getting to Dumbledore's office before I did. Once I entered his office, Ali was already asking the question, out of breathe. I jumped on her and she screamed.

"Don't accept, Dumbledore!"

"Dumbledore you should totally let Kelsie sing at the Yule Ball!"Ali shouted as she fell to the floor from my weight being all on her.

"No!" I protested. 

"Yes!" Ali protested back.

"Request granted." Dumbledore decided.

"No!"

"Yes!" I got off Ali and pouted as she laughed. "Thanks Dumble-dork!" And with that she took off to who-knows-where. I glared at Dumbledore.

"I'll be looking forward to it." Dumbledore smiled and I left. Turns out Ali was waiting for me outside.

"Fine, I'll sing." I caved in.

"Yay!" Ali shouted in cheers and hugged me before screaming in my ear.

"Ow!" I held my ear as if it was going to help.

"Sorry! I just remembered that we need to get dresses. Did anyone ask you?"

"Yeah, Seamus Finnagin."

"The Gryffindor?"

"Mhm."

"Oh, I see. Well, let's go."