31: Biana's Perspective

The moon was somewhere above their heads, but Biana didn't really care. Keefe winced as Dex wrapped Keefe's shirt around his wound. Linh and Wylie were a few feet away, staring with pinched faces at the device in their hands.

Biana was trying as hard as she could not to look at Dex's bloodstained hands.

"Someone distract me," Keefe wheezed.

Biana nodded, keeping her eyes trained on his face, not his side.

"Remember that one time when me and Sophie stomped you in Base Quest?" She said with a smile that she really hoped looked real. "The look on your face I will never forget."

Keefe laughed quietly. "I remember that. Wasn't it only Foster's first game?"

Biana nodded.

"Guys," Dex said. "Hate to break it to you, gut I think we might actually have to get going."

Linh's lip trembled. "But what about Keefe? I don't think that he's in any condition to walk at the moment."

Wylie smiled at her (you guys wanted Lylie, I'll do my best. Sorry if I do terribly...), draping an arm around her shoulders.

"Me and Dex'll carry him for a bit," Wylie volunteered. "Or at least, as long as we can."

Linh smiled. "That's really nice of you."

Wylie smiled back.

"Okay," Biana said, eyeing Linh suspiciously. "How about we hide out in the shade of a dune of something during the day. Yeah?"

"Okay," Everyone agreed.

"What'll we do for water?" Keefe winced as he spoke.

Linh mumbled something from where she stood, and Dex had to ask her to repeat it.

"I guess I'll have to be cut open next, won't I?" she whispered.

Everyone was nodding, but then Biana let out a small shriek and fell to the ground.

Another one! I was going to write more, but it wouldn't work in Biana's perspective...

Thanks a lemon!