Chapter 23

Hey guys,

So this is the last chapter of IRH. Enjoy! Pic is of Alessa's armor, but in white and without the weapons and cape. Enjoy!

                                  -Jenni

----------------------------------
Alessa

I got up quietly, not wanting to wake Dax up. He was exhausted. Who wouldn't be after having to fight a Goddess' power. I kissed his head softly and left the room, glancing at our twins briefly. I went to our original room upstairs and into my closet. I smiled at the fact my dad had left everything the same. I shut the closet door and clicked an area on the wall. It revealed a keypad. I pressed my hand onto it, where it was scanned. Then I leant forward and had my eyes scanned. A door opened, revealing an elevator. I entered and pressed the B button. The door opened a minute later to large room. It was packed with weaponry and armour. It also worked as  a training room. Only a select few in the pack knew about it. Including me. They'd all come to my room because it was the only way in, aside from my dad's, the former Alpha, room and office. No one knew of those two entries. Except me, and, of course, his son Selden. I walked out of the elevator and began with the punching bag. I had to be prepared for anything tomorrow...and the pain I felt was part of it all.

---------------------------------

Dax

I woke up abruptly. I turned to my side to find it empty. I bolted out of bed and rushed to the bathroom. No one was there. I looked to the crib to find the twins fast asleep. I rushed to the door just as Reed came in.

"You okay, son?" he asked.

"Where's Alessa?" I asked.

"She told me to come check up on you and the twins. Don't worry, she's fine," he spoke calmly.

"Where is she?" I said.

"She's training for tomorrow," he said.

"How do you know about tomorrow?" I questioned.

"She linked me a couple minutes ago about it. She knew you'd freak out, so she sent me to check on you three. Had a nightmare,  right?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. I nodded. "She said she saw it, too. Just trust her, okay? She's never failed. She used to work for the FBI because she was that good with guns and without. They hired her at sixteen. She never failed any mission she was assigned to. I know where she is. We've a training ground in the pack house....."

---------------------------------

Alessa

I went up the elevator, sweaty but ready, just as Dax walked in and opened the closet. He pushed me into the wall and kissed me roughly. I responded, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm fine, babe. Don't worry. I've got it all under control. Okay? All you have to do is stay in the house with the kids. All right?" I said. He hesitantly nodded and proceeded to kiss me again.  We broke away and went downstairs to find my dad playing with the twins. I smiled and kissed his cheek and the twins' cheeks.

"Ready for tomorrow?" he asked.

"I was born ready," I smirked, making both men chuckle. I went into the bathroom and showered quickly. I knew the twins were going to want to be fed soon.

---------------------------------

Dax

I watched her sleep peacefully. She would be fighting in less than twelve hours. I caressed her face. I trusted she had it all planned. She always was a great planner. I just couldn't help but be afraid to lose her. I brought her closer to me. She smiled and cuddled more into me.