Chapter 6

"Alpha wants you in his office ASAP," one of the male pack members said. I nodded and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. I drank it quickly and disposed of it. I could feel my breathing slow down to its normal pace. I had just gotten back from my daily run/work out. It had been months since I had arrived at the Forest Pack. The pack was well-trained. I could see the improvement in both men and women. Dax and I were doing fairly well. It seemed I had gained my healing abilities and telekinesis. I was still unsure how. Seb was currently dating a beautiful young lady that he had allowed to enter his pack. It took me a while to get him back to normal, but it was worth it. I wasn't about to let him fade away due to that bitch.

I walked to his office, opening the door. He motioned for me to sit as he held a phone to his ear. He put the phone on speaker. I nodded in understanding. He wanted me to advise him on what to do.

"Alpha Sebastian!" I felt my blood run cold as I heard that voice I wish I had never met.

"What did you want?" Seb got straight to the point.

"I have been having a large number of rogue attacks. My pack is finding it difficult to keep them out each time. I wanted to request for some of your warriors to come help," he spoke.

"Selden Woods....I never thought I'd hear you ask for help," Seb smirked. I could tell he was trying hard not to go off on him. Silence was heard on the other side.

"With all due respect-"

"I'll have my trainer decide," Seb spoke with authority.

"What-"

"You want my help, don't you, pup?" Seb practically spat. I heard Selden grit his teeth on the other line. He remained quiet. I nodded. "You sure, Al?" he asked. I gave him another nod. "Very well," he said. "My trainer has agreed to train your pack. I will send a few of my warriors. I expect no disrespect toward my trainer from either you or your pack. If I hear of the slightest disrespect, you'll be hearing from me. Trust me when I say it won't be pretty," Seb said, warned.

"No harm will come to him. I assure you, Alpha Sebastian," Selden spoke in a rigid tone.

"Good. They will arrive this weekend," Seb said, not bothering to correct Selden's him, ending the call. "Why'd you agree?" he asked calmly.

"It's the least I can do for my dad. Besides, I was going to visit him this weekend. He wanted to see how Dax and I were doing," I said, standing up.

"I swear if he so much as scratches you, I will kill him," he said in a murderous tone. I smiled and went to kiss his cheek.

"Don't worry. I've taken you down," I said with a wink. "He'll be a piece of cake," I smirked. Seb chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, Lessi. I don't think I would've made it through without you," he said, giving me a grateful smile.

"I wasn't about to let you off that easily," I said, making him laugh. "How are things going with you and Victalia?" I asked. His eyes brightened with so much adoration.

"Great. I want to mark her, Lessi. Do you think she'll want me to? I mean, will I be going too fast?" he asked nervously. I laughed.

"She's ecstatic when it comes to you. She's been hoping that you mark her ever since you started dating. I swear you are so whipped," I said. He beamed at me and kissed my cheek.

"I will mark her this weekend," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. I shook my head and made gagging noises.

"TMI, Seb. See ya!" I said, turning and walking out the room. I heard Seb laugh behind me, and I couldn't help the smile that overtook my features. I was so glad that Victalia had come around. She had changed Seb for the better.

**************
"Hey babe," Dax said, wrapping his arms around me. I leaned back onto his chest and kissed his cheek, turning to face him.

"Has Seb talked to you, yet?" I asked. He gave me a confused look.

"No, why? What's up?" he asked.

"We're going to be taking a trip to the Woods Pack," I said, immediately making his features harden.

"What for?" he asked in a serious tone.

"Their Alpha asked Seb for help. Rogues," I said.

"Why would Sebastian make you do such a thing?" he growled angrily.

"I agreed. It's the least I can do for Dad," I said. He sighed, relaxing a bit. He and my dad had gotten along well. Dax gladly accompanied me to visit my dad every time.

"When do we leave?" he asked.

"This weekend," I said.

"In two days," he stated. I bit my lip and nodded. He looked away from me, thinking deeply. "Do you...do you still care about him?" he asked, refusing to look at me. My heart sped up at the thought. Did I? After all this time, had I accepted his rejection?

"I haven't thought about it," I replied truthfully, making him stiffen against me.

"Let me mark you. Please, love," he begged, gripping me tightly.

"You're afraid I'll leave you, aren't you?" I asked, making him look at me. He stayed silent, but I could see it in his eyes. "Mark me," I said. He didn't hesitate to do just that. He turned my body to face his and kissed me softly. He trailed kisses down my neck until he reached the spot where I'd bear his mark. He kissed it once, and then I felt his sharp canines. He dug them into my skin, leaving a slight burning sensation. It was followed by excruciating pain that had me gasping. I gripped his arms as a small grunt escaped my lips. I felt myself writhe and Dax yell my name frantically. Then I saw black spots invade my vision. Darkness soon enveloped me.

-----------------