Chapter 2

"We sure are gonna miss you, Lessi," Beta Dean spoke. I smiled sadly at his emerald eyes. I hugged him.

"I'm gonna miss you guys too, Dean," I stated, pulling back. Jared, the second youngest in our group, at 20 years old, wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his chin on my shoulder.

"Lessi, do you really have to leave?" he asked. I sighed.

"My choice has been made, Jay. I already talked to my dad about it. I promised I'd come visit every two weeks," I stated, laying my head back against his firm chest. I turned to see his disappointed hazel eyes. He kissed me slowly, and I didn't have it in me to stop him. I knew he had a bit of a crush on me...and I did too, but things were different now. He'd find his mate soon enough.

"Watch it, kid. I'll have you know that's my daughter you're kissing," my dad said sternly. Jared and I chuckled. We turned when we heard a low growl. The owner was none other than the future Alpha. He had a murderous expression. Jay stiffened behind me. I glared at Selden.

"Mine," he growled lowly.

"Fuck off," I spat. Deafening silence followed. I turned around to face Jared and gave him an apologetic look before crashing my lips onto his. He pulled me into him only for me to be yanked out of his grasp.

"MINE!" Selden growled, crashing his lips onto mine. I could feel myself begin to lose myself in the kiss.

Focus! I scolded. I pushed him away and punched him square in the jaw.

"You don't own me! You lost that privilege, remember?" I growled. "Don't ever touch me. Go find that slut of yours and leave me the fuck alone!" I added. I pushed past him and made my way to my dad. He had a murderous glare directed toward his son. His eyes softened when they met mine. I hugged him and whispered, "I must get going." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and went to hug Dave and Jared. I also hugged Carl, the Delta, also part of our group.

"Stay in touch!" Carl

"Think of me!" Jared

"Have safe sex!" Dean. I laughed when he said this, while my dad gave him a pointed look.

"Love you, baby girl. Call when you get there, okay?" Dad said. I nodded.

"I promise," I responded.

"Where are you going?" Selden.

I glared at him and moved past him. I got my suitcase and made my way out the door. Selden gripped my arm and pulled me back. "I said, where are you going?" he continued.

"Selden, let her go. NOW." Dad said. Selden released me with a glare. I went out and into an awaiting car. It would most likely lead me to the border of the Woods Pack and the beginning of the Forest Pack. The driver loaded my suitcase as I got in the car. I waved to the built men, including my dad, that stood by the door. I turned to face forward and slumped against the seat.

(Half an hour later)

I got out as the car stopped and grabbed my suitcase from the driver. I thanked the man and began the ten minute walk to meet the Alpha. Halfway there, a built male wearing only a pair of black shorts approached me. He had piercing blue eyes and brown hair.

"Who are you?" he asked, almost growled.

"Alessa Sartori, and you are?" I replied.

"I ask the questions here," he stated.

"I know your Alpha. Mind calling him for me?" I asked. He slammed me against a tree and gripped my neck.

"I'll only say this once: What do you want with my Alpha?" he growled. His grip tightened around my throat, making it difficult for me to breathe.

"Let her go!" a familiar male voice stated. The guy's hand is then removed, making me fall to the ground and gasp for air. My vision blurs slightly. I blinked and picked myself up against the tree. I opened my eyes to meet worried, mesmerizing grey ones. I gasp in surprise at the jet black-haired male in front of me.

"Alessa, are you okay?" he asks.

"Dax!" I cried out and hugged him.

--------------------------------

Even though this story is done, I still would appreciate your feedback. Thank you!