Chapter 20

Dax

It had been days since I heard my angel's voice in my head. Ten days to be exact. I had the twins' crib transferred to the room. I had finally gotten a look at my little boy's eyes, which were also grey. Their smiles were replicas of their mother's smile. They were currently in the crib, fast asleep.

"Love, can you hear me? We need to give our babies names...together. Please wake up. We need you so much, Lessi," I spoke softly, taking her hand in mine.

Squeeze.

That's what I felt, making me freeze in place. I looked down at her hand to find her squeezing my hand, gripping it.

You choose them, love

And then silence. Nothing more, and the squeezing ceased as fast as it began. I leant down, kissing her head and caressing her cheek before turning to the babies.

"Your mommy says that I should choose the name," I smiled at the babies, a tear running down my cheek. "I'll make it a version of her name....you, little guy, will be Alexander . Alex.....Daxel. Alexander Daxel Vitale Sartori," I caressed Alex's cheek, making a dimple on his right cheek show as he smiled in his sleep. "And you, my beautiful little girl will be Alexia. As for your middle name...." I trailed off, leaning down to kiss her head. "Hmm.....Alexia Daxella Vitale Sartori," I finished off, turning just in time to see a small smile forming on Alessa's sleeping face. "I assume you approve, love," I spoke as I took her hand and brought it to my lips. I was hoping for a squeeze or her voice, but I got neither. I sighed, inhaling her scent, which helped release some of the tension in my muscles. A small whimper had me turn towards the crib where a wide awake Alex was about to cry. I walked back towards the crib, caressing the little boy's cheek. His whimpers subsided as he stared back up at me, eyes full of curiosity. "Hey, Alex. Sleep well?" I chuckled softly as he gripped my finger in his tiny hand. I picked him up and walked towards his mother. "Tell mommy that you want her to wake up," I said, bringing Alessa's hand to the baby's, where he immediately gripped Alessa's finger tightly. The heart monitor showed an increase in heart beat. "Love, this is your son, Alex. He seems really glad to see you. He has quite the grip," I chuckled, a stray tear falling. "We're waiting for you to wake up," I whispered.

-------------------------------

Alessa

I could feel my heart rate speed up as a little hand gripped my finger. "Love, this is your son, Alex. He seems really glad to see you. He has quite the grip," I heard Dax say, followed by a low chuckle that had traces of pain. I could feel tears begin to form. "We're waiting for you to wake up," he whispered. The tears spilled. I could feel them running down my cheeks. And then I heard a faint cry. It was of a small baby...my other baby.

Alexia...

"You hear that, love? It's our little girl..Alexia," Dax said. I felt Alex's hand release me, leaving me with a cold feeling. I heard Dax's footsteps. Alexia's cries faded, and I heard Dax approach.  "They're both here. We just need you to wake up, Lessi. Please...." he begged. I inhaled sharply before I focused all my energy on opening my eyes. I gasped as a sharp pain tugged at my stomach, my chest and my head. I gritted my teeth but still fought to open my eyes. A second jolt had a whimper leave my lips, followed by a gasp as a third wave of pain followed right after. I could feel my breathing become shallow.

"D-Dax!" I gasped out, my lungs burning. My eyes slowly and painfully opened, revealing a dimly lit room. Dax stood beside me, two beautiful babies in his arms. Tears spilled as I smiled at him. Tears threatened to spill from his eyes. I but my lip at the scream of pain that threatened to escape my mouth. 

"Alessa, love," he croaked. He leant down and kissed me, leaving me breathless and gasping for air painfully. He looked at me with a frown. The doctor came in with two nurses. I turned to my babies only to see them being taken by the nurses. I bolted up, grunting as the pain hit me full force. My vision began to fail, and I could feel myself falling again, but I know I couldn't. "Alessa, stay with me baby," Dax said. I could feel his grip on my arms. I opened my eyes and saw him through the invading black spots in my vision.

"Alessa, stay awake. Your babies want to be in your arms, sweety," I heard Sandro nearby. I nodded, focusing on the pleading man in front of me. He began caressing my cheek and holding my head with one of his hands. I leant into his touch, my eyes closing on their own accord. I could feel my pain subsiding to a tolerable level. I opened my eyes slowly.

"Yes, love. Stay with me," Dax murmured, his lips caressing mine softly. I smiled against his lips, my eyes closing and opening again, meeting with his mesmerizing grey eyes.

"Dax," my voice came out low and raspy. I turned as a glass of water was offered to me by Sandro. I smiled gratefully at him and drank from the glass. "Thanks, Sandro," I said, wincing slightly as I moved my stomach. Even breathing hurt a bit, but I tried not to show it.

"Pained?" Sandro asked. I nodded.

"I'll be fine, Sandro. I want to see my twins, now," I said, looking to Dax, who was smiling widely. I turned to see Sandro nod and exit the room. A few seconds later, the nurses came back with the babies...our babies. I was handed Alexia first. I smiled widely and kissed her softly. "Hey there, Alexia. It's mommy. You're so beautiful, sweetheart," I spoke softly. I looked up to a wide awake Alex. He was looking intently at his father who carried him with such care. He looked so adorable with a tiny baby in his arms.

"What's so amusing?" Dax asked, a smile lighting his features.

"You look so adorable with such a tiny baby in your arms," I chuckled. He winked.

"All yours, love," he spoke huskily. I smirked, winking at him. I noticed I had a loose gown. I smiled mischievously. I settled Alexia in one arm and used my free hand to loosen the back of the gown. My free shoulder was easily exposed. I turned to Dax, who was giving me a heated gaze. He groaned. "Don't tease me, love. You smell," he inhaled sharply, " so good. You're driving me crazy," he groaned, leaning down and sucking on my shoulder. I moaned lowly, making him smirk and blow softly on it. I gasped at the cool sensation it left. 

"You're such a tease yourself," I groaned, making him chuckle huskily.  I turned to Alexia who was sleeping peacefully. I was trying my best to ignore my crazy hormones.

"You won't be getting much sleep soon, love" Dax promised, making a shiver run down my spine. His heated gaze was still present, making my body heat up. I noticed that Alex was fast asleep as well. He noticed as well and set him down on the crib. He then took Alexia from my arms and set her next to Alex. I smiled at these two angels. They looked so much like their father. "Now, where were we?" Dax's husky voice broke me out of my thoughts, making me turn to face him. My body heated up as he began to caress my thigh.

-------------------------------

What do you think of the names?

                                        -Jenni

Even though this story is done, I still would like feedback