𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Asteria ran into the hospital, she didn't even bother changing into her own clothes when she got the call.

"Hi, I'm Asteria Luna, Dr.Mitchel called-"

"Yes, they moved her into room 704, just down the hall and up one flight make a right then you should see it" The receptionist said and Asteria nodded, she ran down the halls passing by people apologizing if she ran into them.

When she made it she was at the door way she saw her mother lying there awake. "Mommy?" She whimpered and her mother looked at her. She only ever said that name when she felt helpless and vulnerable.

In this case. She was helpless. She didn't know if she would remember her, she didn't know anything at all.

"Oh, are you my daughter? The Doctor told me about you" She said smiling and Asterias heart fell.

"Y-you don't remember me?" She asked walking in.

"No I'm sorry, but Dr.Mitchel did say stuff about me having a daughter" She said and Asteria smiled at her living mother none the less.

"Asteria" She heard Dr.Mitchel say and she turned around and walked to him. They were outside in the hall and he began to explain.

"It seems that she only remembers everything, but the past 17 years. When she was in the accident her Hippocampus was damaged which makes her forget simple memories but also her long term, like her life, or most of it. Her Amygdala was party damaged—that part of the brain is important for making new memories—which may cause her some short term memory loss, we think her memory may come back, but it's a slight chance, but it's a possibility..." He trailed off and she was looking at the floor.

She tried to process this and think of ways she could help her mother remember. "Okay...I Uh..I understand her condition, how-how much is the insurance paying again?" She asked and looked at at the Dr.

"You'll only need to pay 10,000, thanks to the insurance for paying half. But that's only the brain surgery. Her broken ankle is gonna cost 7,000...." He said and she sighed.

"Okay, I'll find a way to get the money, thank you so much though, for keeping her alive." She said and he nodded.

"Of course. She can be discharged in 48 hours" He finished and she nodded. He walked away and she looking at her mother. "What am I gonna do" She mumbled and walked in her room.

Her mother smiled. "Hi...."

"Asteria. You named me Asteria Mariposa Luna" She said while taking a seat on the chair next to her hospital bed. "You named me Asteria because you loved astrology and Asteria is the goddess of stars. You loved it so much you taught me how to find the Zodiac constellations. You named me Mariposa because it was dads favorite insect. He loved monarch butterflies so you settled on Mariposa." She explained and her mother nodded.

"Wow...I miss your father. I miss not remembering anything" She confessed and Asteria blinked away her tears.

"It's okay. We might be able to make new ones. All that matters is that you're alive. I've missed you mom" Asteria said and her voice began to break.

"I'm sorry I can't remember you" Her mother said softly.

"It's okay." She replied. "It's always going to be okay"

She went back to Cobra Kai after a few hours to get her stuff. When she walked in she heard grunting and walked in the spare room and saw Miguel hitting the punching dummy.

"You playing footsie or practicing your roundhouse?" She asked and he stoped and looked at the girl. She leaned over and grabbed a few punching pads. "Think fast" She said and threw one of them to him which he caught.

She walked onto the mat and stood infront of him. It was still awkward for the two, but Miguel being bold, he leaned in and kissed her lips.

He pulled away and she blushed and put the other punching pad in his hand. "Let me show you how it's done" She said and he smiled at her.

She began kicking and he stoped. "You missed a crazy class today" He said and her heart dropped.

"Yeah well...I had things to do-anyways Aisha was texting me about it. Tory had to almost "finish" a guy because of no mercy rule. Sounds a little weird" She said and he put his hands up again and she began kicking again till he stoped.

"Yeah, but don't you think that some of what Sensei Kreese is teaching us just...feels wrong" He said and she put her fists down. "That life is only about winning?" He asked and she sighed.

"The phone call was the hospital. My mother woke up, but her brain went under some damage in the car crash. She can't remember anything from the past 17 years. I'm 16 almost 17 and she can't remember my birth, my first steps, my first words. She can't remember any of it. She couldn't even remember my name...thankfully she woke up, but the bills piled up. I have to find a way to pay 17,000$ because my mom has a broken ankle and just had surgery." She looked Miguel in the eyes. "Look, I will admit, being the bigger person and showing mercy is good in certain situations, but the world shows no Mercy. So why should we? Some people have it good. But the rest of we have to fight for every inch of what's ours. Not just to score a point. But for everything." She said and whipped away a stray tear. "Hands up" She said softly and he didn't say anything or did anything.

"Put your fucking hands up Diaz" She said sternly, but her voice still cracked. She looked at him and he approached her slowly. He put his arms around her waist and she hugged him putting her arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry about your mom" He mumbled and she buried her head in the crook of his neck and tears began to fall. He felt her hot tears and hugged her tighter.

He's never seen Asteria cry before. In fact, this is the first time he's ever seen her so vulnerable. To him, she always seemed strong, stubborn, bad ass, and just never sad. Sure he's seen her upset and teary eyed, but never sobbing and shaking. He realized that even the toughest people can break. And here she was. Asteria Luna, slowly breaking, and he made a promise to himself.

He promised that he will always be there for her when she breaks, and that he will never be the cause of her tears. He promised. Hopefully, he doesn't break it.

The next day at practice the kids were stretching and Tory looked at the girl worried. "Hey are you okay?" She asked softly and Asteria looked at the girl.

"Why wouldn't I be? Me and Miguel are friends...I think and my mom is doing okay" She said while putting on a smile.

"Okay, but just know that, I'm here for you okay?" She said putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I know. Same here"

"Cobra Kai is not a hobby" Kreese said as the kids were practicing their punches. "It's not a club. Cobra Kai is your brothers...and your sisters....you are all Cobra Kai for life. Because Cobra Kai will never die"

Hi! So with the whole medical stuff—I'm not a doctor obviously, I did my research on this I swear haha, but if any of it is wrong I apologize, like I said, I'm not a doctor nor do I study it in school, I'm a high school student so I don't really study that, but yeah, I tried my best to figure the brain functions with memories and stuff, so yeah. Again if anything seems wrong I'm sorry, and if you know the brain and stuff please comment and correct me and I'll fix this chapter so yeah!

And thank you for reading hope you liked it :)