ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟺

Killua's POV

   "...I did not know I could do that. Wow." I deadpanned. I was shocked and also confused. I mean, I knew I could manipulate my hands but I only knew how to sharpen them. I looked at Yuki and he looked at me back. We both shrugged and decided to keep squishing my hand. 

   I couldn't find a reason for how this ability could be useful to me in battle, but I don't see how me turning into a cat could also benefit me in battle either. So, I chose not to care. We were so focused on my hand we didn't pay attention to the battle until the winner was already announced. I look back into the arena and frowned. Uraraka lost, oh well, just means that I'll have a chance to mess with basic blonde later.

   There was a break until the next match. I groaned when I found out I was up next. And I just got back from the nurse's office! I grumbled but cheered up when Claire offered me a giant choco-robo. I smiled and started eating the chocolates, savoring each bite. I then notice something reflecting from the choco-robo's shiny exterior. Shit, my eyeliner was messed up on each eye.

   "Makeup wipe and mirror please." I deadpanned. Claire nodded and handed me both. My classmates nearby watched me, confused about why I was focusing on my eyeliner and not my upcoming battle. I shrugged them off and wiped off my messed up wings on both eyes with the makeup wipe and took out my eyeliner container. "Manly... do mine next!" Kirishima cheerfully remarked. I looked at him and nodded.

   "Tch, how stupid to focus on stupid eyeliner." A tick mark grew on my face. I knew exactly who said it and I snapped my neck in their direction. "You're just jealous you basic blo- no. Basic BITCH! My wings are snatched yours is trash." I spat at him. He got annoyed but stayed quiet. Then t the purple-haired shortie spoke up. "Uhh, not to be rude or anything if you're into- you know, but isn't that a bit feminine?"

   Good thing I finished doing my eyeliner because I broke the mirror. I caught the shards about to hit Yuki and threw them at the boy's feet. He barely dodged. "Says who?" I said with a big a bloodlust lacing my tone. The boy shivered but continued. "W-Well, it's makeup!" I rolled my eyes. "That's a stereotype, not a fact you scummy pig." I glared at him and he shut up immediately. Then, I was called out to begin my battle.

   I got up and left, glass shards that were in my way cracked under my boots as I got up and walked away. I walked into the arena and looked at my opponent. It was Todoroki. This might get difficult since I'll be holding back quite a lot, the only reason I won against Shinso was because he wasn't experienced in self-defense.

   "GOOOOOOO!"

   I tried launching myself to get close to him and try to knock him out. He predicted my moves and side-stepped to avoid my attack. He jumped back and once he was far enough, he stomped on the ground with his right foot. The entire area was frozen. My mobility wasn't the best on ice, but it was still pretty good. I slid around and tried to get closer to Todoroki while holding back my movements. He looked surprised when I quickly started moving around in ease.

   He tried to trap me a couple of times by using sharp icicles to block my path towards him, but I broke each ice structure in my way. I eventually had enough and stomped on the ground myself, breaking the layer of ice covering it. Todoroki gritted his teeth and placed his right hand on the ground, creating a fast and gigantic wave of ice heading towards me. He made an ice glacier to trap me inside.

   They were about to give him the win when I started making loud sounds inside the ice prison. I punched my way out, even without nen a little ice wouldn't stop me. I soon broke out and glared at Todoroki. He can't dream to beat me if he's holding back.

   "You can't dream to beat me with only half your strength!" I yelled at him. He furrowed his eyebrows and retorted, "I'll reject my father's power, and I'll become the top hero with only my right side!" At this point I was livid. He was underestimating me, and his twisted logic was... just so confusing. 

   "Well I hate to break it to you, but you can't act so damn cocky! I don't know what you've been through, but you're lucky you have this much potential just to waste it by using only half of it! You sick or something?!" I yelled. "Come at me with everything you've got!! Don't you want to be a hero?!?" I added. I could tell I was hitting some of his nerves now.

   "Why do you care?!? You have no idea what's going on, so stop trying to act like it! I'll reject my dad's power and beat you!" I furrowed my eyebrows. Then it clicked. Wasn't Todoroki the last name for Endeavor? The dude's an ass but damn, bad parent too? I shouldn't be surprised though.

   "Are you high or something?!? If you had one trait similar to your father's that automatically make you him? Hell, if your logic was somewhat true then I'd rather die than live the rest of my life as my father! You're not the only kid with bad parents dude, plus, his power? Since when does your dad own fire? It's your quirk, and it just so happens that it has fire!"

   Something in him then clicked together. He spaced out but was also trying to defend. After a few moments, his left side burst into flames. I charged towards him, and he had the same idea. My fist collided with his stomach, but his flames caught on to the jacket. Shit.

   The flames started growing larger and larger, it didn't hurt me but... it was burning my jacket and shirt. I panicked and put out the fire, but it was too late. The bandage was burned, but that didn't matter. My upper half was exposed. Todoroki, who was surprisingly still conscious, had his eyes wide open and gazed upon my flesh. He now understood how I could have understood him so easily with his family issues.

   I was panicking. My classmates could see why I never changed with them. Yuki and Claire could see why I was always hiding beneath my clothes. And most of all, strangers could gaze in horror on what was in front of their eyes. My anxiety shot up, I quickly ended the battle and knocked the distracted Todoroki out with a chop, but it didn't help.

Everyone in the world has already seen my scars.