ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟷

Killua's POV

   I waved to Yuki who was in the audience. He stuck his tongue out at me, what a brat! I pulled down my eye at him in return, we're so kind to each other. I turned back to the race and saw that the next obstacle was... tightropes?

   Apparently it's called 'The Fall' and we have to get to the stones on the other side without falling into the pit. I look down the deep hole and saw that there were probably cushions below so none of us actually dies. Compared to the pit in the hunter's exam, it was much more innocent, not that I minded.

   I saw the heterochromatic male glide his way through with ice. I got another crazy idea. I could hear the shocked gasps from the audience as I did something unbelievable.

   I jumped in the pit.

   "WHAT?!?! MISTER ZOLDYCK SEEMS TO HAVE JUST JUMPED IN, IS HE SURRENDERING OR IS HE PLANNING SOMETHING CRAZY?!" Damn that voice is getting on my nerves. I kept falling down deeper and deeper. I think some of the students were startled enough to stop in their tracks and look down, trying to spot me.

   My plan was to use the cushions at the bottom to act as a spring, I'd angle myself in a certain way and I'll launch myself to the end and depending on my position, maybe mid-way towards the third obstacle. That was my plan.

   "KILLUA!" I flinch

   "Gon..?" I look at who called out my name.

   It was my green-haired nerdy classmate. Dammit. I look at his terrified face as he tumbles down farther into the pit with me. I sigh, guess I'll only make it to the end of this obstacle. I grab the boy and carry him with one arm on his stomach. "Hold on tight, you idiot!" I shout. He nervously nodded and clung to me for dear life as we fall down closer to the cushions.

   I bend my knees, getting ready to jump. The moment I felt soft, bouncy material on my shoes, I launched us both up. I aimed myself and the nerd to an open space between the ropes so we wouldn't hit anything on our way. We were soaring higher and faster by the second, then we finally burst into the light. I saw that the heterochromatic male and basic blonde were nearing the end, maybe around 2 and a half meters from finishing. I smiled sadistically back at them and landed gracefully down at the end of the second obstacle. I dropped off the nerd and started running for the hills.

   "WOW! WHAT A SPECTACULAR SHOW! MISTER ZOLDYCK LAUNCHED HIMSELF BACK UP FROM THE PIT AND LANDED WITH SUCH GRACE EVEN DANCERS WOULD BE JEALOUS! AND WITH HIM CARRYING MIDORIYA TO THE END OF OBSTACLE TWO!" What the hell is with these references?! Dancers?!

   I look behind me and saw, you guessed it, nerd, basic blonde, and heterochromia behind me. I look back forward and saw the third obstacle in view. The closer I approached it I knew there was something off. Bombs. Probably not super dangerous, but still bombs. I don't think anyone knew yet, so I hatched a plan to get rid of my competition. I wanted some chocolate, and fast.

   The moment I stepped foot onto the third obstacle, I set off bombs every step. I kept stepping and stepping on each sensor, and threw off the others. I was mid-way through went I heard booms.

   "DON'T THINK YOU COULD GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY!" I heard the basic blonde yell. Oh god, my ears need a break. "SHUT UP!" I yell back. Whoops- I pissed him off. I kept stepping on the bombs, trying to disappear, but he was still close behind me. I groaned and kicked the ground in his direction, sending it towards him. Finally.

   I rush to the end of the third obstacle, but my relief didn't last long. I saw the heterochromatic male tailing me and the basic blonde behind him. I was extremely close to the finish line when I saw the nerd flying close behind the basic blonde and heterochromatic male. He hit the metal chunk he was carrying in both their faces and I snickered. The nerd was now neck and neck with me.

   I was considering letting him win, but I really wanted that chocolate bar so I sped up slightly more. "THE WINNER OF THE OBSTACLE RACE IS ZOLDYCK, KILLUA!" "My ears..." I sulked. The crowd was cheering loudly too. I groan to myself and head off to get myself something to drink. We had a break before the next test, so I took the time to buy myself some soda.

   Once I finished my drink, I spot the heterochromatic male talking to someone. "Wow, you were great out there, Todoroki!" Ah, his name is Todoroki- Hold on...

   Do I even know anyone's name besides Kirishima, Uraraka, and now Todoroki? Oh shit.

   With the little time left we had for the break, I went to the bathroom to fix myself up. "Damn, what was that basic blonde's name again? And skateboard thief... oh! And nerd-" I was so shocked that I only knew nicknames. I shrugged.

   Though I did get questioned about my choices on my appearance, I often ignored it. I applied my eyeliner perfectly. Once I finished, I looked at my face once more. I never felt like myself without my iconic eyeliner.

   True masculinity is when you're not afraid to do what you want. It has nothing to do with appearances. I smiled to myself and walked out of the bathroom.

   Break time ended. I joined the 42 students that successfully moved on from the race. I watch as I saw a familiar woman get on stage and gave out information for the next round of the sports festival. It was Midnight, the pro. She was someone I also couldn't escape from when researching in those ten months.

   "The next round is a calvary match! The max amount of people on one team is four, it requires a rider and at least one horse! Your point value depends on what you ranked at in the race, so no.42 is worth five points, no.41 is worth ten, and so on! But there's a catch..." She trails off. I looked at her, wondering what it was.

"THE PERSON IN FIRST PLACE IS WORTH 10,000,000 POINTS!"