Chapter 13

"Please stand up for the judge" One of the members of the jury said and Quickly Taehyung got up from his seat. A few minutes ago the jury had entered the room, along with the prosecutor. The only person who was left to arrive was the judge, and once he would be in the room Jungkook's trial would officially start. The case which would not only determine the future of the ravenette, but also the future of Taehyung himself. If the young lawyer would manage to win this case surely his life would never be the same. Taehyung quickly looked to his right, only to see Jungkook still sitting as comfortable as ever, and by the looks of it the younger wasn't planning on standing up anytime soon.

Soon a tall man with grew hair and a small moustache entered the room and took a seat behind the judge's desk. The man was wearing a typical judge robe, and a serious expression was visible on his face. He clearly looked like he had been through a lot of important cases in his life.

Once the man had taken place behind the desk everyone sat down and the judge picked up some papers laying in front of him. "I want to thank you all for coming today" The judge started in a serious tone and quickly continued. "We've gathered here together for the case of the national government against mister Jeon Jungkook" The judge continued, while silence completely filled the room. Everyone was listening. Carefully to the words the judge was speaking, everyone except Jungkook. The boy was still looked around the room and slowly an annoyed look took over the boy's face.

"Mister Jeon is being accused of the following crimes..." The judge started and Taehyung was listening to everything the man had to say carefully until Jungkook softly started to tick against his shoulder. An annoyed look started to form on Taehyung's face, maybe if he would just ignore the younger he would stop. Said boy however kept on ticking against Taehyung's shoulder and the young lawyer found himself completely unable to concentrate on the judge's words as long as Jungkook kept on irritating him. Quickly the brown haired boy shook his shoulder a little in an attempt to get the ravenette to stop.

Jungkook however wasn't planning on stopping until he got what he wanted, and after almost 2 minutes of the ravenette's constant ticking against the brown haired boy's shoulder Taehyung had finally had enough. "What?!" The young lawyer whisper shouted while an even more annoyed expression quickly formed onto his face.

"Do you know what time it is?" Jungkook softly whispered towards his lawyer and a confused look quickly formed onto Taehyung's face. Seriously? This was what Jungkook was getting him out of his concentration for. With a questioning look the young lawyer locked. Eyes with Jungkook who gave a challenging look back.

"There isn't a clock here anywhere" The inmate continued once he noticed Taehyung was not answering his question. A soft sigh left Taehyung's mouth and he slowly turned his wrist into Jungkook's direction so that the boy could see his watch. An evil smirk started to form on the raven haired boy's face once he had looked at his lawyer's watch and he softly whispered 'only one hour left...'

Taehyung simply decided to ignore his client and focus on the case again. "Now I would like to hear the opening statement of mister Choi Youngjae" The judge said and Taehyung quickly looked to his right, only to see Youngjae standing up from the wooden chair he had been sitting on and walking in front of the jury. "Mister Jeon has committed a lot of horrible crimes, and therefore we ask that mister Jeon will be charged with the death penalty as he is considered a great danger to society." Youngjae said before slowly walking back and sitting down on the wooden chair he was sitting on again.

"Thank you Mister Choi, now I would like to give the word to Mister Kim Taehyung, who speaks on behalf of mister Jeon Jungkook." The judge said while locking eyes with the young lawyer, who in return immediately stood up from his chair. "Thank you your honor" Taehyung said, trying his best to hide his nerves. It would be highly unprofessional of the young lawyer to show everyone how nervous he was, and he was trying his best to hide the fact that he was nervous as hell. "Mister Jeon has not commited any of the crimes he is being accused of, and therefore we ask for him to be released of all charges" Taehyung said, confidence clearly lacing his voice. A small smile made it's way onto the brown haired boy's face, he didn't sound nervous at all, and even though he was really nervous he had done an excellent job at hiding that fact.