Chapter 14

As much as little things matter, we only notice the big ones.
-so she writes
***
"Y'all shouldn't even think about it" I yell at my friends trying to reach for my phone. Sometimes I really hated how tall Becca is, like right now. She had my phone in her hand waving it as she mocked me.

They were trying to unlock my phone so they could see what the mysterious guy said. I had just told Becca and Pinkie about the mysterious guy and the risky text I sent. And no I still haven't disabled flight  mode yet and it was the next day.

I got a surprise visit from Becca and Pinkie about a few hours ago and we decided to go get ice cream and take a walk around to catch up. School was opening soon so this were the tomorrow so this was our last day of freedom.

"Come on, Nicky girl... are you scared of a lil flirty text?" Becca continues to taunt me, Pinkie was laughing her ass of while I tried to reach my phone. I probably looked like a puppy next to Becca.

"Give it back" I hiss at Becca. "I promise I'll open the text! Bring" I say still trying to reach for my phone. Then I get an idea, with that I smile sweetly towards Becca.
"Why are you smiling?" Pinkie observes and looks at us with a little worry, yes! she knew things are about to go down.
"Becca! Back away" she warns. Becca being Becca continues to laugh and even goes as far as standing on her toes. The nerve of this child.
I look at her straight in the eyes even though I had to crane my neck like crazy, then I jab Becca in the stomach and she doubles up in pain then I quickly take my phone and take off as I hear a hiss.

"You should have listened to Pinkie Dash here" I shout at Becca when I'm at a good distance from them both.
"Yeah! I told you, but since you never listen, see where that got you and stop calling me that Nicki Bear" pinkie say as she goes to check Becca. She hated it when I called her Pinkie Dash, it's a nickname I called her when I found out she is a big fan of Rainbows Dash. It was our thing.

"You better run, Nicole" Becca says after she recovers. I laugh at her because she knows I never run(I know I just did but that's not the point). Me running equals trouble and well in this case Becca was the trouble.

DING! DING!

I stop mid-laughter and look at my phone. I don't know how Becca did it but she managed to disable flight mode and that's why my phone just beeped in my hand. I look at my phone and almost faint. The mysterious guy did send a message and by the looks of it he sent two of them. Dang it!

The way I was so shocked I didn't even see Pinkie coming towards me, she grabs my phone and reads the texts out loud. My guest thought is dang it and my second is how does she know my pin?

"Oh trust me,Shawty. I did more than smiling. Winky face. Woooo! Nicki got herself a flirt"
My face warms up and I snatch my phone and read the text.

It's exactly the way Pinkie read it. He actually replied. My hearts was going the weird jumping jacks again. Arg! He made me feel special.

"Are you going to answer or going to stare at your phone like love struck?" I snap at Becca as she hits the back of my head and looks at me like I'm crazy.

"I'll answer as soon as I get space" I say as I push Becca out of the way and go sit on the rock nearby.

How do I answer this? I smile as a thought comes to mind.

Me: that's what I hoped for. I'd be disappointed if it was anything else less than that😉

And I hit send!

Dang! I was on fire. This time Around I don't put my phone on flight mode nor am I acting like a 5 year old high on sugar though I couldn't ignore the butterflies in my stomach.