Chapter 3

With you around I swear my high walls drop without concern.
-so she writes
**
I could have sworn that my heart jumped out of my chest right then and there.He was here, standing right behind me and for a moment I didn't know what to say. It was a bittersweet moment, I was so happy to see him but I couldn't help but be frustrated at him.

He's the one that ditched me.
Damn!!! He looks edible...yum

"Me? Ditch you?? I wouldn't dare" I taunt him.
"Then what happened?? I swear I looked for you everywhere"
"You didn't look everywhere, seeing that you didn't find me." I say looking at him straight in the eye and biting my lip. This was my I'm going for you look.
"Haha...I guess" he says licking his lips nervously and looking on the floor.
I liked the effect I had on him.

I made him nervous...that's for sure.

Cough cough

That was Faith. Dang it! I forgot she was here.
"Faith Jake Jake Faith. Faith bye" I say grabbing Jake's hand leaving.

"Woaaahhh...wait up, is that the mysterious guy you were supposed to see today? He's kinda cute! Nicky let me see him, can you guys slow down?? Nicky, Nic-" Faith's voice fades outs when Jake and I turn around the corner laughing.

"That was hilarious. Did you see her trying to catch up?hahah...I should have gotten that on camera" I say to Jake laughing my lungs out. I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt so bad.
"Hahaha...yeah that's was kinda funny" Jake says.
I look up trying to see his reaction but I found him already looking at me.
"Jake? What's wrong?" I ask him sobering up.

Did I laugh like a pig again?? Dang, I should've listened to my mom.

"Your smile" he says looking at me with a smile.
"Oh??"
"It's beautiful"
"Uhmm...really?? Thanks" I say blushing. I didn't really take compliments that well. Especially from a guy I might  like.

Like? Hold up wait a minute, it's chopper
Okay I'm kidding but it's a little to early for that. I barely knew  the guy.

Jake and I spoke for hours. Instead of going home, we walked around town getting to know each other. He was the only child and he lived with his mom and stepdad. His father lived in another town and he didn't care so much for him, something him and I have in common.

We were walking towards an ice cream stand. It was a lil hot and ice wouldn't really hurt.
"Two scoops of vanilla with Oreos please." I say then turning to look at Jake waiting for his order. Ice cream flavour says a lot I about a guy.
"One scoop of Rocky Road please." He orders.
"Mmm...that's one complicated flavour" I comment
"The best followed by mint" he says proudly
"Oh hell no...they ain't, vanilla or chocolate that's that" I say
" those are common boring flavour"
"They are the best there is out there, take vanilla for example it doesn't and it will never lack anything. I wouldn't say the same for mint coz sometimes it's not minty enough"
"Yeah....that's so true, I never really thought of it that way." He says slowly, like his absorbing and processing everything
"I guess you just need me in your life to clarify that" I say smiling at him
"Or you are here for more" he whispers.
"What?" I ask
"What? Oh nothing" he says looking down and brushing his neck. He's nervous.
"Maybe I am." I say taking my order and walking down the road.

"See you later,alligator" I say not looking back, I didn't have to because I knew he'd be blushing his cheeks red.

I think I really like him and I don't know how to feel about that

***
Sorry for disappearing yall🥺
I swear to upload another chapter in less than a day
Hope you enjoyed it

Don't forget to vote and comment down below

Your Savage Bitch
Lettie 🌸