Chapter 6

If you have to filter things out when you tell your friends something...reconsider telling them anything
-so she writes
***
As predicted, Becca was ecstatic about the kiss and so was the rest of the squad. But one thing didn't go unnoticed. Faith was not as happy as everyone else. Don't get me wrong, people express happiness in many different ways but Faith wasn't happy. At all.

"I'm telling you Becca, Faith really acted somehow. It's like she was not happy about the progress Jake and I made." I whine to Becca. I knew Becca noticed things hence I asked her
"Or maybe you just reading too much into nothing, it wouldn't be the first." She points out
"But my reading is never  really wrong, just wrongly interpreted" I say
"Different ends of the same snack babes"
"But the other end bites."
"Yeah yeah...look! I'll try to talk to Faith and see if anything is wrong but I'm telling you, Nicky. Faith is as happy as everyone"
"Thanks Becca, you the best" I say hugging her and parting ways with her. It was already after school and I was heading home, Jake had an afternoon class he had to attend so I won't be see him today. What a shame! I missed him.

It's being a couple of days since Jake and I had that kissed and I'm afraid we haven't really seen much of each other ever since.

I'm just really hoping that the awkwardness would be lifted off by the time we see each other and I really hope that Jake hadn't changed his mind about what he thinks of me.

The problem I had with guys is that I really need too much reassurance that it sucked. Should you not show any interest, efforts and determination, I instantly think the guy doesn't like me anymore.

Crazy! I know
***
"Hey sis"
"Heya bro, what's up?" I ask my brother Zakes.
"Nothing much, I gotta play date with Mary"he says excitedly. He was fidgeting even
"Play date at the age of 13? How cute" I say pinching his cheeks as mom would.
"Sissss...stoooppp" he says removing my hands from his face. Maybe I pinch a lil too hard.
"Bye cutie"
"Bye sis"
The love I had for my brothers was forever. Those little rascals are my life.

I go to my room put on my earphones and listen to Giveon. He was my favorite artist at the moment and guess who recommended him?? Yep, Jake and boy was he good.

Ding! Ding!
Speak of the devil. It was Jake's text.

Jake: meet me outside?
Me: or what?
Jake: I miss you...pls

Isn't he the cutest?? I quickly grabbed my shoes and left with a ' I'll be back soon' shout.
He was at the end of my street with hands in his pocket waiting on me. I had to walk towards him boy was is it a shaky walk. My knees were weak and it didn't help that I was thinking about the kiss. He didn't make it any better as he was busy biting his lip. Gawd! Give me strength.

"Heya" I wave, yes I freaken waved. Don't ask me why. Immediately he placed his lips on mine. His lips were soft and he tasted like watermelon bubblegum. Yum!
"Mmm" I moan into his mouth and he smile at that, Sneaky Jake.

After a while of kissing we come to a halt as we or well I had to catch my breath. As we lose touch I quickly kiss my weak lungs for needing air, I mean if I had a choice I'd choose kissing him any day than breathing the bloody air. Looking into his eyes I saw how they were darkened. He wanted me as much I did and I don't know how that makes me feel. I maybe be a virgin but I can lose it to him right now.

While looking into his eyes I asked the most uncomfortable question I didn't mean to ask

"What are we?"

I know! Way too ruin the moment but I had been wondering about it for a couple of weeks but and I've been meaning to ask but I didn't know how to go about it.

"What?" He looks at me like I asked him to cut his heart open.
"What are we?" Now I ask confidently. I might as well take the chance now and know about this thing going on between us.

"I-I.. uhmm..what?" He was dumbfounded. And that didn't sit will with me and I knew right then and there that something was wrong and I was out to find out what it was.

"Jake?? What's wrong?"

***
Another update to my people who never comment

I hope you enjoy this one.

Oh! From here onwards.. shii is going down

Your Savage Bitch
Lettie 💜