Cavonte| Five

Magsimula sa umpisa

Before Morgan could explode and make a scene in front of everyone, Santana walked up to me saving the day. "Cavonte. Coach Risenburg has to see you he says its important. I think he's interested in you being on the football team."

"Don't you see us having a conversation?" Morgan snapped. Shifting her anger towards Santana.

Giving Santana a warning look causing her to bite her lip from going off on Morgan. Facing Morgan I said, "I don't want to talk about us. I got shit to do. See you around."

Grabbing Santana's arm I led her away from the spawn of Satan. "Coach Risenburg? Seriously? Who the hell is that? Ha-ha." I teased her bad skills at coming up with a good lie.

"It helped didn't it? Besides, isn't that the girl that said you got her pregnant?"

"Yeah. She's crazy. Look, don't start nun with her ight? I don't want you getting hurt. Morgan isn't the type of girl you want to mess with."

Santana looked like she wanted to argue but I shushed her. I'm done worrying about Morgan anyway.

The bell rung over our heads.

"I'll talk to you later."

Mr. Johnson began calling roll. I slouched in my seat. My pencil tapping the edge of my desk as I checked out Alyssa. I know she's not still mad at me. She looked good in her black mini skirt, and her cute green sweater. Her curly hair in a puffy ponytail today. She's beautiful no doubt and she's a good friend. Ion want her to be mad at me.

Alyssa caught me staring. Instead of turning away blushing she stared at me back. Raising my left eyebrow I continued to stare back. The both of us turning this into a staring contest. Licking over my lips; knowing girls love when I do that shit. Alyssa trying her hardest to not flash me her nice smile.

"Mr. Carter," Johnson stood by my desk. Breaking the game and letting Alyssa win. Even though it was childish of me I know Alyssa and I are good. "Calm them hormones, boy. We in school." He chuckled under his breath. Not scolding me but teasing me. The class laughed and I couldn't help but to join them.

"Nah, it not even like that sir."

Johnson just shook his head and a knowing smile crossed his face, "Mr. Carter, how about you put your brain to work instead of what your parents gave you. Now, everyone take out your books and let's continue reading Negro Patterns."

Mr. Johnson is a trip I'll tell you. I snuck a peek at Alyssa and she was giggling. I turned around and took out my textbook. Not wanting Mr. Johnson catch me looking at Alyssa again.

"Bro, you got Alyssa wanting you and you still not hitting that?" Jameson said. He sat right behind me. As much as I wanted to it would be crossing a dangerous zone. She would catch way too much feelings and the thought of ducking her didn't seem right.

"Some targets you got to swerve." I told him. Taking out my brush as well and started grooming my hair.

The classroom door opened, in walking Santana with a yellow paper in her hand. What is she doing in here?

"I feel you." Jameson's voice seemed to drift. I furrowed my eyebrows seeming confused. Jameson got his eyes on other girls? How clingy Alicia and him be I didn't think it was possible. It ain't none of my business so I didn't push the conversation further. Instead I focused my attention on Santana talking to Mr. Johnson.

"Take a seat next to Cavonte for today until I can assign you a seat."

Once Santana sat down I asked her, "You got a schedule change?"

She nodded her head, "Yeah I wasn't in the right classes but my guidance counselor fixed it."

"This is english three though. You're a sophomore shouldn't you be in two?"