Cavonte| Three

"I'm the only one that get the job done ,

I don't know a nigga that can cover for me.

Yeah, got some game from my days,

So she might say she love me She don't love me like she say she love me.

Believe me, believe me, I'm that nigga, boy they love me in the streets.

I'm not tryna find nobody else to beat. I'm the one they come to see because they all,

believe me."

I sat on the edge of my bed bobbing my head to Lil Wayne. Lost in my thoughts as Alyssa lie under my sheets. Sleeping so peacefully.

Last night was alright. We didn't have sex. I have too much respect for Alyssa to hit and quit. She's not some skank like Morgan willing to give it up so easily. It's Friday and ever since the party Monday night we been chilling.

I like Alyssa. Not as a girlfriend but as a friend. She knows how I am about relationships. It's not that I would mind having a girlfriend but not right now. I'm trying to focus on my dream and I don't need any girl getting in the way of that. I felt my bed shift and I knew Alyssa has waken up.

Feeling her cold, soft hands on my back she slowly ran them up and around my neck.

"Morning, Cavonte." She kissed my cheek making me chuckle and  shrug her off me.

"You know I'm not on that lovey dovey shit."

"So," she giggled as she got out of my bed only wearing one of my white t-shirts. She pulled the collar to her nose and smelled it,"You smell so good. I'm keeping this shirt."

"Nah. Chill." I got up and headed straight for her. She laughed as she ran around my room. I wasn't 'bout to chase 'ha but she does look sexy hoping around. I got glimpses of her butt cheeks and it's too early for Tay Jr. to come out and play.

"Fo'real Lyssa stop playing."

She stood on top of my bed laughing like this was funny. Even though the shirt didn't mean much to me, giving it to her would mean so much more and I don't want her to get mixed feelings. We're just friends.

"Alright. Here." She winked and flirtatiously smiled at me, as she removed the shirt. She smirked as she now stood in only her underwear.

Alyssa is a beautiful girl don't get me wrong but I'm just not ready. Looking down at the floor like a punk I refused to make eye contact with her.

I didn't notice her in front of me until I saw her little feet. She lifted my chin making me look at her. Her dark brown eyes glossy and no amusement lied inside anymore. This is what I was trying to avoid.

"Am I ugly?" Were the first words she mumbled before crossing her arms over her chest. Looking so insecure.

Furrowing my eyebrows I cupped her left cheek. Looking at her as if she lost her mind for thinking that. "Nah. You a beautiful girl. My opinion shouldn't matter anyway. You should know that you're beautiful. I like you girl. Maybe not as the same way you do but you cool as fuck. I'm just not ready for commitment and the reason we didn't fuck last night is because I have too much respect for you. All girls actually."

Alyssa still didn't look quite convinced. A single tear strolled down her cheek and she looked down at the floor. Lifting her chin this time, I wiped the stray tear with my thumb and smiled at her.

"You're my lil Hershey's chocolate girl. Body banging too. You make it hard not wanting to eat—" I started teasing her making her laugh.

"You're so corny, Cavonte." She playfully pushed me.