Cavonte | Seventeen

I tried to place the key into the lock but, my hands kept moving away from destination. Slurring my words i'm too tired to even do this. Turning around I leaned against the door to my room. Sinking down to the floor I sat there. Watching a few people walk down the hall. My eyes struggled to stay open. I'm hammered as fuck right now.

When I woke up Sean, my manager, stood in front of me. My head is pounding and I have no time to deal with him right now. My neck is cramping too from sleeping so uncomfortably.

"What the hell are you doing man? Do you know how bad this looks?"

All I could see is his brown hands waving in the air. He always does that when he's upset but right now I really didn't give a fuck.

Pushing myself off the floor I didn't say anything. I just wanted some breakfast. Sean unlocked the door to my condo, "You just turned eighteen not even a month ago and you're already acting up. The media is expecting shit like this because you're so young."

I stumbled into my living room and collapsed on to my white couches. I have a fur white rug in the middle too. The walls are even white and most of the furniture is black and white. It's dope. "Fuck the press." I groaned. I almost laughed but my head hurt so much. "Can I have some advil?"

Instead of giving me some medicine Sean grabbed my remote to my flat screen. Turning it on he said, "Look."

It was on some news channel. All I saw was a woman standing in front of Club 21. The same club I was at last night. Sean un muted the volume.

"Rising star Lil Tay was spotted here at Club 21 last night," she says, before a clip showed up on the screen. It was of me punching some dude in the face from talking shit. Ah I forgot about that. I didn't even know the dude but he seemed to "know" everything about me. "Getting heated is an understatement. It turned out to be a full on brawl. Lil Tay and the other people that accompanied him during the fight were escorted out of Club 21 and fined a thousand dollars for the damage that was caused. Lil Tay was spotted leaving quite under the influence."

Then there was a picture of me sleeping in front of my door. "Has fame gone to his head already or-"

Sean turned off the TV. I'm too hungover to be pissed off right now. "They have no right to do that. That's invasion of privacy!" I managed to get out but quickly shut my mouth. My head is killing me. Damn.

"Actually it's not. Privacy? You have no privacy. Someone could get a snapshot of you using the bathroom and make it out to be something more than what it is. The public owns you. That's why you don't act up. The media can bring you up but, they're going to try to tear you down. Just to have good headline story."

"It won't happen again."

"Oh it'll happen again trust me. It's up to you if you want a good reputation or not. They've been showing that story all morning. I'm pretty sure you'll be in a magazine before the day is over."

I groaned as I ran my hands across my face. I just want to sleep.

Sean walked around the couch and towards the door, "Clean yourself up. You have a photoshoot in two hours along with some shots for your new music video."

Grabbing one of my couch pillows I tried to suffocate myself. Ugh!

I had ate some breakfast in the lobby. It was like a buffet. So much food. I was full and my assistant Chloe gave me some medicine for my headache. Sean made sure to tell me not to say a word to the press before we stepped out the building. Cameras and cameras all in my face as the paparazzi took pictures of me. There's even news crews here trying to get an interview.