Ten |Santana

Hawaii Hut isn't as packed as it normally is. It's nice and peaceful with only a little bit of chatting. Cavonte and I walked together to our table holding hands. I squeezed his tight as if he was going to up and leave me. I never want to let go.

We sat at a small table that only seated two. The waitress handed us two menus after she set our glasses of water on our table.

"You should get a job here." he said, picking up his menu.

I simply rolled my eyes at the thought. With all the money my Dad is making I didn't need a job. Plus I made some good cash off the music video. I don't know when I'm going to tell Cavonte. I don't want him to be angry with me.

"You're always trying to get me into working. I have money."

Cavonte just chuckled, "From your Dad remember?"

I slapped his shoulder, "So?"

"You shouldn't have to depend on someone to give you money. You're already independent so get a job"

"I'll think about it." I opened my menu. I wanted something other than a burger. "The nachos look delicious."

"Nah that triple steak do."

I noticed his left hand as he held the menu. It's bruised. Giving his redbone skin a purplish tone to his knuckles.

I gently grabbed his hand. His menu dropping to the floor. "What happened?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

Cavonte reached down to pick up his menu off the floor. Politely snatching his hand from mind. "Nun. I just punched a wall that's all."

"That's not nothing." I tried to reach for his hand again but he abruptly stood up.

"Drop it ight? I don't want to talk about it. I got to leak." he left the table. I watched him head to the bathroom. He even left his phone too. He didn't trust me enough to tell me what's up with him? I'm his girl.

I stared at the green iPhone and contemplated what I should do. Should I look through it? No. I trust my man.

Screw that. Reaching over the table I grabbed his phone. I knew his password by now and I quickly saw a notification for a unread message.

Mom: U think u n them bitches gonna keep Rachel from me? Nah im still get my check for ha. & that house coming out your name u still a minor. Remba dat.

I was confused. I scrolled up just a little bit and read the convo.

Cavonte: Rachel dont need to be over dere with u & that crackhead man of urs. U really gon low now. Coke really? C'mon na.

Mom: boy u ont know wat u even talm bout. im a grown woman an u gon learn to respect me cus u still in my name.

Cavonte didn't reply after that. I know his mom has always been a touchy subject for him that's why I rarely bring her up. She hasn't been a mom for awhile and the fact that she treats him so badly is wrong. As much as she doesn't love him he still loves her with all his heart. It hurts me that he has to go through this.

I looked at his Kik messages and most of them are his friends with an exceptional amount of girls too. He's not being a ho so I can't be angry about that. I told him any girl he talk to has to be friend related. Just one conversation caught my attention though.

Raven: Stop being mad at me.

Raven: Tayyyy.

Raven: You know I was telling the truth. Im not saying that you'll cheat on her i'm saying that once your famous you gonna leave her behind.