Cavonte| Thirteen

I had skipped my first period and headed over to Rah's place. Today's the finishing touch to my first album. The Beginning. It's simple name can't compare to how fire the tracks are. I have nine tracks on the CD. Damond's gonna have some of his people hand them out and have me rap at the hottest spots to get me known. I already performed at a lot of clubs and events already. A lot of people even bought my songs on iTunes. I was a little known locally but I want more.

I didn't even have to knock I just walked right in. It's early but a couple guys sat on the couch eating sum. I headed downstairs where Damond is working on sum beats.

"That sounds real nice. Damn who that for?" I slapped hands with him and bobbed my head to the beat.

He chuckled, "Just sum I was playin around with. It's yours if you want it."

"Hell yeah."

"You said you wanted to do a remix to Ashanti Foolish. I got the instrumental track with the hook if you want to record now."

I nodded my head and headed into the booth. It was going to be the tenth song on the CD. I don't really have any lovey type songs on my track but I wrote this one just to show that I do have a soft side.

Damond played it and I held the headphones provided to my ear and nodded my head getting ready to jump in right after Ashanti's hook.

'See my days are cold without you
But I'm hurtin while I'm with you
And though my heart can't take no more
I keep on running back to you
See my days are cold without you
But I'm hurtin while I'm with you
And though my heart can't take no more
I keep on running back to you

Baby I don't know why ya treatin me so bad
You said you love me, no one above me
And I was all you had
And though my heart is eating for ya
I can't stop crying
I don't know how
I allow you to treat me this way and still I stay'

"Baby I don't know about commitment, it's just a hard thing the way that i'm living.

But baby that smile, and the way you move them hips got me hypnotized.

Baby I just want to let ya know that ya cha mine. That to let you know nobody can't come between us.

Even if it ain't love. Even if there's not enough trust. Even if i'm not there to hold you. I just want to let you know that I'm focused on you.

Baby we had our moments, we had our fights but there's no way in hell imma walk out ya life.

The work that I do don't concern you i'm jus tryna show you that i'm focused on you"

'See my days are cold without you
But I'm hurtin while I'm with you
And though my heart can't take no more
I keep on running back to you
See my days are cold without you
But I'm hurtin while I'm with you
And though my heart can't take no more
I keep on running back to you'

The song continued and I went back and forth with it. It was really nice and the way Damond was leaning from side to side meant something good. We worked on it for a couple more hours together and Damond said he'll even touch it up. The CD will be finished by the end of the night and I'm excited.

Rah and a couple of his guys walked into the studio. We nodded wassup to them. Damon continued working on my new project with the new beats. I sat with the others on the couch.

"You good?" Rah chuckled under his breath before licking across a brown paper. Getting ready to wrap a joint.

"Yeah. I'm ight." I slouched in my seat. Watching the three wrap up.