Seventeen | Santana

"You mean everything to me..." he spoke softly to me on the phone that night. "I didn't mean to hurt you. Do you believe me? I just want you to know that it wasn't your fault. I've been drinking and a lot has been on my mind lately. I want to see you more but i'm always busy. I'm way here in Miami and you're in Fort Lauderdale. I know it's not that far baby but I just be so tired after working. I want to make time for you. I miss you. I sent you some gifts. Did you get them?" He continued on the phone.

I had held the phone a little away from my ear as I covered my mouth. Letting the tears fall and covering up my low cries. I continued to listen to him. Ramble on and on how it was him that was at fault. That he didn't mean to cheat on me. That it was a mistake. If it was a mistake why does he keep going back? I've seen TMZ the past few days. It's no secret he's been partying and leaving the clubs with different women. In magazines too. I was over it all.

"I think it would be best if we gave each other space for awhile. With everything going on I think we need a break." He had said softly. Trying to break it to me nicely that he didn't want to be with me anymore. I can't say I didn't see it coming.

Wiping my tears a snarl crossed my lips as I had laid on my bed. I was crying over this nigga for nothing. I deserved better. I just wish I would've realized it earlier.

"Go to hell, because I ain't did nun but have your back from jump. You just messed up the best thing you ever had. Have a nice life." I had said. I hate how horrible I sounded as I talked in-between sobs.

It's the first day of summer and excited is the last thing I felt as I lay on my carpet next to Nicky. She had spent the night to keep me company. As fun as it should've been I was just miserable.

"How long does it take to get over a broken heart?" I whispered softly to Nicky. Just thinking about how my relationship ended my eyes welled up with tears.