1. MARKED

It was a beautiful breezy night, pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky.

Zhan was sitting on stairs outside beer house, he was breathing slowly his heart felt calm. He tried to stand but lost his balance. His body was not in his control due to drowsiness. Suddenly he felt a pat on his back, and someone tried to help him get up but Zhan's eyes were cheating him. His vision was blur so he tried to reach his hands to the persons face and see who it was.

The person was saying something, but zhan was not in his right mind he couldn't understand a single word said, Zhan felt warm cheeks of the other person on the palm of his hands, he moved closer and saw red plump lips his eyes lingered on those beautiful inviting lips, he started tracing them with his fingers putting his index finger on his upper lips and thumb on lower lip. Suddenly the person stopped talking and froze as if surprised by Zhans action.

Zhan pulled his face close to the person to see who it was. He could feel warm breath on his cheeks and aroma of sweet Lavender was making him crazy, something got over him and before he realized he smashed his lips with the others. It felt hot and sweet at the same time. His kiss was gliding on those moist soft lips and a moan escaped from his mouth, Zhan felt the person slowly started responding to his kiss, he put his hands on the nape where his fingers entangled with the heart shaped pendant necklace, but he couldn't care less as it was his first time feeling such warmth on his lips. He could hear a song playing in the distance, zhan pulled for deep kiss but the persons eyeglasses kept bothering him. Thats when Zhan heard someone calling him

"Zhanzhan wake up dear you will be late for school; I have made your favourite cream cheese pancakes" Zhans mother called banging his bedroom door

Suddenly Zhan opens his eyes and finds himself on his bed staring at the blue ceiling of his white painted bedroom.

"What? Another dream? Seriously, but it felt so real this time" Zhan said in disappointment

He looks at his watch on the table It's 8:00 AM already, his friend will be here soon who walks with him to school every day.

He rushes to the bathroom and after a quick shower starts dressing up for school. He is busy admiring himself in the mirror

Zhan! You look so handsome today he said

Only if I can redo my hair a little, I will not look less than Ji chang wook he thought to himself, he is a handsome, tall, naïve 18-year-old with milky white skin, sharp features and an Angelic smile which could envy any pretty girl of his age, just like one of those characters from Kdrama that he likes to watch.

He and his friend Paul like watching Korean. Paul is a huge Kpop fan were as Zhan is more into Kdramas. He hates it when he is having bad hair day, and today is one of those days. He tries to put his hair together to make it look more like Ji chang wook but he ends up looking like sponge boob instead

 He tries to put his hair together to make it look more like Ji chang wook but he ends up looking like sponge boob instead

After few minutes of struggle, he gives up as he is getting late already. He tries to tie his necktie in hurry when his eyes fall on purple stain on his neck. He takes a tissue from the dressing table and starts to wipe it, but it doesnt destain.

What is it? not believing his eyes he moves closer to the mirror to take a second look at it.

He was right, its a Hickey!

That purple bruise was a big fat love bite.

Zhan felt like his entire room is revolving around his eyes, images of his lips on another, touch of hands, smell of lavender, a song and those moist lips starts flashing in front of his eyes

Was it real what I felt and not just one of my wild fantasies he thought to himself. Did I really kiss someone last night? my very own first kiss and I don't even remember who marked me

Zhan was standing in front of the mirror trying to get hold of himself when his phone starts ringing.

His friend is calling him waiting outside his door, without thinking much he picks up his school bag and walks out of the room shutting the door behind him. He tells his mom he is getting late for school and will have pancakes after coming home.

"Morning Yibo, sorry to keep you waiting again" he said looking at his friend who nodded.

They were best friends since Yibo moved in with his grandma after his parents settled in USA. Zhan was his neighbour, classmate, best friend and his secret keeper as well. They shared almost everything with each other since they were in same class but lately due to their different interest, they could not spend time together, Yibo was more into Basketball, skateboard, dancing activities, were as Zhan was into singing, drawing and even acting sometimes.

Yibo was a heart throb in school he was a cold reserved boy, which only added to his mysterious personality attracting more attention from girls. Zhan was his only close friend to the extend that he could do anything for his friendship. He couldnt bare to lose what he has with Zhan. Zhan knew how to tame this rude guy as per his wishes, Zhan even made him watch cheesy romantic kdramas most of the times that was one of the reasons why Zhan was still single. His idea of love was way beyond expectations, but he didn't regret waiting for the perfect love. Zhan always wondered how Yibo manages to go on dates with different girls whereas he's still waiting for his chosen one.

Zhan and yibo started walking towards school.

"Yibo! What time you left the party with your girlfriend yesterday?" zhan asked looking at yibo with curiosity

"Around 11:00pm her parents wanted her home early, why?" Yibo replied

"Dude I dont know how to tell you, but I think I had my first kiss last night" zhan said with excitement

"What? Are you sure?" Yibo asked in surprise because by the time he left party Zhan was too drunk even to remember if he was in Korea or China. He even started talking to people around him in whatever Korean words he could speak. Zhans friends knew Korean speaking Zhan is his limit and he shouldnt be drinking more.

"Yes Yibo, I was kissed, and it was the best feeling ever, I dont even know how to describe it. It was...it was..." yibo cut him before he could finish his sentence.

"Who was it, do u remember?" yibo asked his eyebrows narrowed.

"No," Zhan replied with disappointment.

"Are you sure you were kissed, and it wasnt you, kissing yourself in the mirror after getting drunk and throwing up in the washroom," yibo said making the other furious.

Zhan was angry after listening to what Yibo had to say and not believing his best friend.

"Ok, can a drunk person do this to himself," Zhan said pulling his shirts collar exposing his hickey for Yibo. Even someone who is sober cant do it, its humanly impossible to reach neck to give yourself love bite.

Yibos mouth fell open. He couldnt believe his eyes. Still not convinced he asked Zhan if he remembers falling somewhere getting hurt by chance on the neck.

Zhan couldn't believe his friend needs convincing after seeing love bite on his neck.

"Yibo can't you make out difference between hickey and bruise from getting hurt, is it that difficult to understand, haven't you dated half of our schools cheerleaders already."

Yibo was taken back, "so what dating doesnt qualify you to get hickey, I mean look at yourself. You have hickey and you are not dating anyone; in fact, you don't even remember her" Yibo said raising his voice.

"So, you finally agree its a Love bite" Zhan said with pouty lips.

"Yeah! Whatever forget about it and focus on the class test we have today" Yibo said while they entered their school gate joined by other classmates.