08 | Safe

NEVAEH TUCKED her tail and whimpered as a rogue bit into her leg, dragging her towards it. Rain immediately stepped over Nevaeh in a defensive stand, snapping at the rouge making it let her go. She didn't have time to check Nevaeh's wound or make sure if she was okay as there were quite a few rouges around them.

Their growls were surrounding them and she feared that there was no way out of this, especially with Nevaeh injured, Rain could only keep them alive for a while. A rouge tried biting onto her tail but she turned in time to growl at him, but then another came for her neck. She managed to escape the bite, but then another came.

They were toying with her.

They knew that they had the upper hand, that they could end her straight away but they didn't, they wanted her to break and submit, they wanted her to fail, they wanted her wolf to give in. But Rain knew that she would die either way, that even if she submitted they would probably rape her and Nevaeh, then end their lives straight after.

So she stood her ground.

She figured if this was how she was going to die, then she was going to die with a fight. Surprisingly, Rain didn't want to die, she always thought that she wasn't scared of death but images of silver eyes flashed through her mind, and suddenly she didn't welcome death with open hands anymore. She didn't like the thought of leaving her mate forever, although she wasn't keen on having a mate, the night they mated changed things deep within her, it was like a magnetic force trying to bring her to him. She's been having thoughts about him and she doesn't like it, she doesn't like what he's doing to her, what he's making her think.

Her eyes snapped to Nevaeh's, trembling form. And then there was Nevaeh. Her first female friend, one she's been on adventures with, someone who she talks to, who comforts her, who's there for her.

Just a month ago she was ready for death, she knew that living as a female wasn't easy, that death would be at her doorstep every second. But now that she actually had people she cared about, she didn't have the intention of leaving them, she didn't like the intention of leaving them.

For the first time in a while, Rain felt pain in her heart. Like a thousand daggers piercing into her with no mercy. She felt like she was torn apart, like she was missing something from life and she finally found it only for it to be snatched from her. Her wolf howled with cries of pain, pain from losing her mate, pain from losing her friend. It felt like she was drowning in her own sorrow, although she only knew Nevaeh for a couple of weeks, she's never felt more connected to someone, she's never felt cared for.

She backed up against Nevaeh, resting her head on her and waited for the rogues to strike them, she was angry at herself for leaving her mate, but she was also angry at the moon goddess for taking everything from her. What had she done to deserve this?

Rain had closed her eyes, waiting for them to strike. She froze when she heard whimpers and growls. Ripping sounds were heard and multiple paws hitting the ground hard.

Holy shit!

Nevaeh spoke, mind linking Rain.

Are we dead?

No silly, open your eyes!

Slowly, Rain lifted her head a little and opened her eyes. The first thing she noticed was male wolves, a lot of male wolves chasing after the rouges, killing them, ripping them to pieces. She had never felt so happy to see male wolves in her life. She watched in satisfaction as they chased away the rouges with their tails tucked between them.

Once the rogues were out of sight, all the males turned to them. Watching them with curiosity and fascination. Rain stood up in a defensive stance, blocking Nevaeh from their sight. She noticed a slightly larger wolf approaching her.