twenty six

There was nothing. No sign of Octavia. Search parties were sent out but nothing came back. Tommy couldn't think straight overthinking all the possibilities of what could have happened to her. He was never going to win this war until he knew what had happened.

After days Tommy was sat in his office attempting to work on a strategy like he had been for days. "Fuck." He shouted scrunching up a piece of paper and tossing it as hard as he could at the wall. He sat down sighing hard and flopped his hand into his head.

There was a knock. "You are needed in the living room." Isiah said and abruptly left. Tommy blinked slowly preparing himself before making his way in. His whole family was there. Just family. They were sitting on the sofas except Polly was stood starring at the family portrait on the wall. Tommy couldn't read her expression. He walked over and Ada moved up so he could sit next to her.

It was silent for a moment as Polly just stood staring. "Tea?" She snapped out of her haze and pointed to the tea set on the coffee table. Tommy declined. Sat down on the last arm chair and exhaled.

"It's about Octavia." She said looking at Tommy. He perked up at her name instantly looking at Polly. His eyes begging for her to tell, though reading Polly's expression he felt deflated. Polly went to speak but stopped. "Octavia isn't with us anymore." she finally stated. Polly averted her eyes from Tommy not wanting to see the grimace on his face.

Dead? How could she be dead?

Tommy didn't believe it at first. Until he thought why would Polly lie. And why would his whole family sit down and lie to him. For what benefit?

"How?" He managed to ask, voice shaky. A single tear fell out his left eye but he quickly wiped it away.

"Luca shot her." Polly said.

Tommy's stomach completely dropped and his heart ached. Octavia may not have been his first love and may not be his final but never the less he still loved her. He would do anything for that woman. He would've swapped places with her if he could.

"How the fuck did he get to her?" He said rising to his feet. The anger was now kicking in. "How the fuck did Luca get to my fucking wife?" He said exasperatedly.

"From my guess Luca lured her into the club and shot her. Maybe they were to make a deal but she wouldn't do it?" Polly pushed out an idea but unknowingly to her it was correct.

Tommy day down with an overwhelming headache taking over his body. He was nothing without her.

He stood outside with his arms crossed over each other, hands clasped. It was cold out but Tommy felt hot. Sweaty even. He watched as a coffin was put into the ground. Some were crying and some were not.

Polly spoke and said a few words. "Words can't describe how pure Octavia's soul was. She was perfect for Thomas in every way. And although we didn't get along at first because of me, I'm glad we pulled through, bonding over the hatred of Grace." She weakly laughed and a few others did too. "Octavia Fern truest deserves to be happy in heaven rather than in this evil world. She was loved and may her soul rest in peace."

Everyone waited for Tommy to say something but he didn't. It wasn't that he didn't want to, it was that words couldn't describe the way he felt. Part of him wanting to shoot himself and be with his wife, another wanting revenge.

Nothing was going to stop Tommy now. His love for her would still remain and would fuel the fire to his heart, because she was the only true one to make him feel something.

a/n Thank you guys so much for reading!!!!! This is the end of my first fan fiction for Peaky blinders but I have another one called Destruction, (also Tommy Shelby) so check that out if you want. Im so happy to have shared this with you all I love you and I hope you enjoyed, have a good day xx