two

"I can. And I will"

Octavia was woken up by the sound of light knocking on her door. "Come in" her raspy voice called. A maid entered and informed her that breakfast would be served in 15 minutes. So like always she got up and washed herself, brushing her teeth, washing her face and finally getting dressed. She pulled on a light blue floor length robe with embroidery down one side and went down for breakfast.

She was met by the sight of her brother. Octavia only lived with her brother as both her parents had passed many years ago. She sat down on the opposite side of the table. "How was your night?" Her brother Mason asked. "Very good actually. It was quite a lovely club." She responded digging into the waffles. "I was informed last night that you were spotted talking with a Peaky Blinder" he said staring at her. He looked rather irritated. "Yes I suppose I was. I didn't even know who they were until last night" she said calmly defending herself. "I'd suggest you don't associate with them. Knowing you you'll turn into a moll" Mason said rolling his eyes.

Octavia didn't like to argue with her brother as he was all she had. So she just sat back and ate the rest of her breakfast. "What have we got today?" Octavia asked cheerily. They didn't work together all the time but on occasions they would. Mason earned most of the families money where as Octavia held more of the power. Everyone seemed to listen to them and they wasn't even sure why themselves. "It's the weekend Tay" he said back starting to read the news paper.

A maid rushed in and informed the siblings there was someone at the door. Octavia's heels filled the house with noise as she walked over to the door. "May!" She exclaimed pulling her into a hug as she saw the sight of her old friend. "What's up? How are you?" Octavia said leading the girl into the living room. Octavia rang the bell and a maid brought them both out some tea. "I'm fabulous what about you?" May said sweetly. "Amazing amazing. What brings you here?" Octavia smiled. "I want to buy another stud. Marlow is getting to old and I don't want him to be forced anymore" she explained. "I'd go with my father but he says he is busy. So will you come?" She asked Octavia. "Course I will" Octavia smiled at her. "When is is it?"
"Today."

The 2 ladies made their way to the bidding area. The scanned for the horses May wanted.

"You like that one?" May asked pointing to a dark brown one. "Yes I do actually. It looks very slick. And muscular. If I was a horse I'd mate with that one." Octavia joked around.

Soon enough the bidding started although the one they wanted wasn't in yet.

A group of around 7 man walked in all dressed in dark clothing and flat caps. Octavia was too busy looking at the horse to notice. "I never understand why people come late to these things" May stated. "They know what they want." Octavia answered looking up to see who she was talking about.

Octavia saw a gang which she assumed to be the Peaky Blinders as she saw the brothers from last night standing with the group. "Oh my goodness" she muttered under her breath. "What?" May asked bidding on the horse she wanted. "I met those men last night." Octavia explained to May. "Let's give them a run for their money eh?" She said.

The 2 women got the horse they came out for but now it was time for fun. The Blinders bidded on a grey horse with a spotted pattern. "Here we go" May laughed placing a bid against the men. It was like a game of table tennis as they both bidded back and forth. The price got up to 1000 Guineas and they both kept on bidding.

1100
1200
1350
1500
1700
2000
2300

May stopped at 2300 although she knew she could go further. "Sold to Mr..."
"Thomas Shelby."
The man looked over and nodded at May not noticing Octavia.