seventeen

"In my dreams"

Her sliver heels tapped slowly on the concrete of the walkway up to the royal Russians house. She walked  behind Tommy, Arthur and John. They came to an abrupt stop causing Octavia to crash right into Tommy's back. She steadied herself, Arthur and John giving their hand out to help. A snigger came from John but he quickly held it in.

"Mr Shelby, welcome." Tatiana greeted. She wore red which was the colour of Octavia's top underneath her throw over coat, and had diamonds draping all round her body. "How's my car?" She asked.

"I think I'm in love with it." Tommy said more flatly than Octavia expected.

"And I yours. So we should keep what we love yes?" She suggested and Tommy agreed. It was a nice car in all fairness to Tatiana but Octavia's mind trailed away thinking of ways to get rid of it. "Excuse the reception. Whenever we open the treasury, the Cossacks are on guard." She explained turning to face the house and she started walking. Everyone followed.

Tatiana stopped in the hall way and beckoned over some guards. "Octavia is the other jeweller right?" Tatiana asked walking over and grabbing her arm, pulling her to her own side. Tommy said yes.

"Some guards will pat you down and take you there. Mr Solomons has already arrived." She said and two guards came over and started to pat down Octavia, touching her in places which she thought was unprofessional. Tommy picked up on the slight fear on her face before she quickly brought it together. "For the rest of you," she said starting to walk away "you will follow me."

John gave her a sympathetic smile, feeling sorry for leaving her alone. Soon the pat down was done and the guards pulled her through some doors into a basement. The walk was quite long and the pathway was dark, narrow and eerie. The guards only spoke to say 'this way' or 'over here' since Octavia had no clue where she was going - of course.

A corner was turned and a gate was opened revealing  Alfie Solomons and an older man which Octavia presumed to be Tatiana's uncle. A smile was shared as he pulled out a chair as they all waited for the Russian women and Tommy. Tatianas aunt soon came in sitting at the table too.

After what felt like hours, Tommy and Tatiana came sauntering in.

"I don't think they trust me Tommy." Alfie admitted becoming aware of their presence.

"Mr Solomons is the only male jeweller I trust in London." Tommy said.

"Yes. 'Trust' yes." Alfie said, his hands now being let free of the ropes.

"As we agreed your jeweller will now select items to a total value of £70,000. When you have selected your chosen items, they will be put into a box and stored. When you have fulfilled your part of the deal the box will be delivered to you." Tatiana explained pressing her back to a wall so she wasn't in the way.

Tommy's confuses look shot as Isabella, Tatiana aunt. "May I just start right by saying I may choose to stay here and just starve to death and choke on sapphires. I'd never go back to the fucking world again." Alfie said.

The Russian man said something in Russian which Octavia didn't understand, but it was evident Alfie could speak Russian as he retorted something back to the man.

Slight nausea circled in Octavia's stomach. She swallowed thickly focusing on taking a few deep breaths. Octavia spared a glance at Tommy. He stood with his hands clasped together and a bored facial expression, staring at the wall.

"For selection." Alfie exclaimed as he put a small thing against his eye, looking through the selection they had. He rummaged for a short while before pulling out a necklace. "I think it's fair to say £1500." Alfie said putting it onto the table.