twenty three

Polly had a telephone in hand and was placing it next to Linda when Octavia walked through the betting shop door. She walked straight over and made four teas for Lizzie, Polly, Linda and herself. She passed then out getting a "thank you." From each of them.

"What are you doing here?" Polly asked when Octavia passed the tea.

Octavia sighed. "Don't want to be in the house when Tommy is." She admitted. Octavia still wasn't over what Tommy did in the hospital, and still hadn't got an apology, despite the fact she'd been frosty with him for a few days. 

Lizzie raised her eye brows and looked up from her work. "What's he done?" She asked, trying to be sincere, but it came across as malicious. As if she was trying to go after Tommy again.

"How he called my vote an abstention when I clearly voted against. If I didn't want to vote I would have said 'call my vote an abstention' and not 'I'm voting against.' dont you think?" she sighed sitting down on a chair.

"Yes Octavia but it's Tommy we are talking about." Polly called. "He just wants to get this over with so he can get back to fucking you!" She laughed. A small chuckle hit Octavia too but she was still mad.

"Yeah I suppose but-"

The door flung open and in cane Finn. "The rule is that door should remain locked until 9:00 am." He said.

Polly's eyebrows furrowed. "Right where are you going boy?" She asked.

"Well Arthur's not coming in today, he's taking the day off so.." he said with a small smile.

"So what?" Lizzie asked.

"So today Tommy said that I'm in charge." He smirked. Octavia face planted into her hands. It was going to be a long day.

Polly stood up and pulled on Finns cheeks. "Ladies, lets give our boss a first day that he'll never forget." Polly smiled deviously. Finn walked off for a while before coming back and sitting with the rest of the women.

"As the boss, may I request some alcohol." He asked. The women all laughed in unison. Octavia stood up and curtseyed for him.

"Anything for the boss." She joked, standing up and grabbing a few glasses, and a big bottle of whiskey. She placed everything down with a big thud.

"So," Octavia said pouring whiskey into the glasses. "How's your social life?" She asked pushing a glass towards him.

"Good. Getting a bit bored though. I just wanna hang out with me mates, but I'm stuck here instead!" He exclaimed taking a sip and wincing at the burn going down his throat.

Octavia smiles, knowing the feeling. "And your education?"

"Fine." He said.

"Thinking of picking up a few classes?" She suggested.

"Yeah, of course." He lied.

"How is your sex life Finn?" Polly asked so straight up he almost spat out his drink.

"Sex life?" He asked getting red in the face and Polly nodded. "Erm, I don't- I haven't had sex?" He asked almost questioning himself.

"You haven't?" Lizzie asked completely in shock. Octavia was in hysterics and Linda was paying no attention.

Finn shook his head no, looking as red as a tomato.

"Oh Lizzie call one of your women, they'll sort him out!" Octavia laughed. Polly agreed on the idea, so they rang up a brothel and called in a whore for him.

It was all fun and games until a phone call came from Tommy asking Octavia to see him in his office.

She walked in and he was just sitting and smoking, holding a picture frame in his hand. He placed it down as she sat in the chair opposite. It was a picture of Charles.

"You okay?" He asked avoiding her eyes. There had been some tension the past few days and they had hardly spoken. All social contact felt foreign to them.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Yeah." He said back. There was a silence. A long one.

Octavia inhaled. "Did you need something?" She asked trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

Tommy looked at her for the first time. Her eyes were still slightly swollen but she had managed to cover them up well. Her hair was back in a low bun.

"Yeah err," he sat up in his chair. "I just wanted to talk. You've been avoiding me."

Octavia held in a scoff. "Yeah you could put it like that." she retorted, eyes staring directly at a picture of herself on Tommy's wall. The picture must have been painted when she still used to live in London. It made her feel nostalgic. Octavia missed the life she used to have and had cut off her friends to live her new one.

"I was wondering why."

She sighed. "I really didn't like it that you put my vote as an abstention, rather than voting for not giving the picture." She said slowly, trying to make sure she wasn't coming across rude.

"Oh." Slipped out his mouth before he even thought what to say. "I just want to get this done with yeah? It's a nice idea for Arthur to do it, but it's unrealistic. We want this over and done with." He explained.

"Yeah I know." She shut her eyes breathing out.

Tommy sighed. "I'm sorry though. I didn't realise it would upset you." He said sweetly.

Octavia raised an eyebrow playfully. "Did Thomas Shelby really just say sorry?" She questioned jokingly.

He rolled his eyes laughing. "Yes no get out of here. I have more work today." He shooed her and she went back to the shop.

The rest of the day didn't consist of much. Tommy never liked making any of the women he had relations with work for him or even with him at all. He wanted to treat them well so Octavia just sat and drank whiskey.

a/n I'm extremely sorry for the slow updates! New story up today though.

I'm having a few issues with my partner at the moment so I'll be uploading more once I feel like we are healthy again. I love you all so much, thank you for the votes, and to those which do comment, you often make my day xx