thirteen

"Shut up and eat."

A light knock fell on Octavia's when she was sitting in bed reading. "Come in?" She called.

The door creaked open revealing Tommy. He smiled at her whilst walking over to her bed to sit on. Octavia folded the page on her book before putting it on her bedside table.

"How was it?" She asked eagerly, sitting cross legged.

"Refreshing." He said with a sigh. "I spoke to a close friend of mine. A gypsy. Showed her the sapphire. She said it was cursed." He said lifting his head up to look at her.

"That must be a relief then?" Octavia asked not really sure what to say. She felt as if her comment could be taken in two ways and was hoping Tommy didn't take it in a malicious way.

"It is actually. I just have one question." He states edging slightly closer to her.

Octavia nodded her head for him to go on.

"How did you know it was cursed?" He said flatly, with a hard glare, analysing her.

"I run a jewellers Thomas. You think I won't be able to tell when the crystals, diamonds, jewels come into my shop?" Octavia asked him rolling his eyes at the thought.

His eyes stopped burning into her. He sighed, staying silent, closing his eyes.

"You can't do this Tommy. You can't keep doubting everyone." Octavia said stroking his cheek and admiring him.

His blue eyes fell into his lap. Octavia couldn't help but notice the way his hair flopped over his eyes and a slight beard was growing. Despite his lazy effort to get ready she still thought he looked extremely handsome.

He softened at her touch, fiddling with his fingers. "I know."

"Bring Charles in here. We can play with him." Octavia said standing up and pulling a gown over her barely covered skin.

A smirk tugged at his lips as his eyes followed her across the room. "I see your clothes have arrived." Tommy said, only now spotting the many suitcases in the corner of the room.

"Yeah. That's not even half of them." She joked running her hands along them as she walked back over to the bed. "I won't be here forever don't worry." She said with a soft smile, sipping from the glass of water in the bedside table.

"Stay as long as you want." He laughed taking off his coat at hat. "I'll get changed, you get Charlie." He said walking out the room.

Octavia tied the light blue robe as she walked down the dark corridors to Charles' room. A maid was sitting with him playing with a few toys.

"Which are his favourite?" Octavia asked standing in the door way, leaning against the frame.

The maid immediately stood and curtsied. "He likes the cars a lot today." She said pointing at the child playing with a wooden blue car. She stood nervously.

"Can you bring a box of them to my room. I'll take Charles." Octavia said walking over to the child and picking him up.

The maid gathered a box of toys walking down the hall way into Octavia's room.

"Come on Charles we can play with daddy." Octavia said to him jigging him slightly whilst walking. He perked up hearing the word daddy.

Tommy was waiting in the room already sorting out some toys that the maid had just brought in. He was in his pyjamas like the others.

"Thank you Mary, you can sleep now. We will sort Charlie." Tommy said putting out a few toy cars.

Tommy smiled as Octavia sat Charlie down next to him. The three of the played with the child for a short while before putting him to bed, and going off to sleep themselves in their separate rooms.

Soon enough morning came by and Octavia got up and ready, got dressed in a blouse and pants and headed to breakfast in Tommy's obnoxiously large dining table.

"Can't you shorten this?" She called across the room to Tommy which was sitting at the opposite end on the room, underneath the big portrait of him and the horse.

"Shut up and eat." Tommy joked as he had a sip of his tea.

Octavia finally made her way down to the end and sat opposite Tommy. A maid quickly placed down food in front of Octavia before retreating back to the maids quarter.

"I'm off again today. Work tour." Tommy explained. "All of the Peaky blinder boys are coming so I've left Polly in charge of the betting shop. You might be a bit bored with no one here so I'd suggest going to small heath."

Octavia tutted. "Another bloody trip! There's no point in me even being here Tom!" Octavia exclaimed eating some fruit which was placed in front of her.

"We won't be long. It's only for the night."

Octavia rolled her eyes. "Okay fine. I'll be going up to London when you are back then. I should see Clara, maybe even bring her back down here if it's okay with you, her staying here I mean." Octavia raised an eyebrow.

"Yes totally fine. When is the launch party? Maybe all of us can come up to London for a piss up." Tommy said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Well since your bloody wife got murdered I had to delay it didn't I? So I guess soon. Hopefully before your business starts for real." Octavia said kind of concerned.

"Right well good." Tommy stood pulling on his coat. "I'll be off now. See you soon." Tommy said kissing her on the cheek and leaving the room.

Tommy often told Octavia things about the business he was conducting. He felt as if Octavia wouldn't judge him for the decisions he made. She'd often help him improve the plan and help him or just ignore it completely if she didn't agree with what he was doing.

Octavia was yet to get a set position in Shelby company limited, not that she was even looking for one.

A/N

what's up guys! When is the best time for me to post a chapter to fit your guy's schedule x