ten

"Russian business?"

Octavia walked into Michaels office, tea in her hand. It was the day after Tommy's wedding and everyone had made their way back to Birmingham. "Here." She said placing the tea down in front of him. "Thank you." He said, eyes not leaving his work. He was doing sums.

The pair had been close ever since last night and a few of the Shelby's noticed. Tommy raised an eyebrow looking at the pair as Octavia sat herself on his desk, swinging her legs slowly, peering over on Michaels work.

"Octavia." Tommy called getting no attention from her. He wasn't sure if she hadn't heard him or was ignoring him on purpose. He cleared his throat. "Octavia." He called again. Octavia's head slowly looked up at him.

"If you want to talk to me, come here and talk." She said locking eyes with the man giving him a hard stare.

He stood up, chair legs squeaking on the floor as he walked over to Octavia, banging his feet hard on the floor. "Octavia. Please can I talk to you in my office." He said clearly irritable.

"Yes of course you can Mr Shelby!" jumping up off the desk and taking his hand. She had a little too much enthusiasm for his liking. Tommy slammed the door behind them.

Tommy got two glasses and placed them on the desk, filling them up with Irish whiskey. He sat down saying nothing.

Octavia sat up picking up her drink before sinking back into the brown chair.

"You and Micheal then eh?" He raised an eyebrow keeping his drink close to his lips.

"No why?"

"You seem a bit close. Didn't see you around last night, I wouldn't have known you were there if I didn't spot you at dinner." Tommy said flatly.

"I didn't see you either. Too busy doing Russian business eh?" She retorted. "And besides, he was fucking Charlotte Murray."

A tension between the pair which wasn't previously there before the wedding had formed, making the atmosphere undesirable. They both couldn't work out if it was their jealously of their new partners or if it was something due to their long distance, although Octavia was only being friendly towards Micheal - her newly made friend.

Tommy was taken back at Octavia's knowledge of the Russians business taking place last night. "The Russians?" Tommy asked.

"The Russians" Octavia confirmed raising her eyebrows at him, a smirk toying on her lips.

Tommy inhaled sharply. "Mason I'm guessing?"

"Yep. He doesn't keep secrets from me Tommy."

Tommy went to protest about what happened in the past but was stopped.

"Anymore. He doesn't keep secrets anymore. And besides, his business is my business, and mine his." She said finishing her drink and re filling it.

"That's nice to hear. As long as you can keep it private." He gave her a hard stare.

"What is that supposed to mean? There is nothing you have told me in which I have shared." She said bitterly trying to hide how much that comment truly hurt.

Seeing straight through her he decided to soften his approach. "I know." He admitted. "Just making sure." He said going lighting a cigarette before passing it over to Octavia. The pair sat smoking for a few minutes.

"I thought you might change your mind," Octavia chuckled at the thought in her head. "I thought you might back out half way through and confess your love for me." She shook her head staring at nothing in particular, imagining the situation.

"Sorry."

Her smile soon became a frown at that word. She tutted. "Don't give me that Tom. Sorry. Ooo Sorry. Sorry sorry sorry." She said mocklingly making Tommy spit his drink on the desk. "Tommy!" She shouted doubling over clutching her chest.

"Fuck." He said chuckling too going to wipe up the spill with his arm.

"You can be a right twat you know." She said trying to contain herself. Tommy sat back in his chair with a whisky stain now on his arm. "What did you even want?" Octavia asked not knowing the real reason she was called into his office.

Tommy nodded his head keeping his stare on the girls lips. "When are you going back up to London?" He asked completely ignoring her question which seemed to irritate Octavia slightly.

"Not sure. I haven't decided it yet."

He started nodding again taking the last drag of his cigarette before stubbing it out. "Why don't you stay?" Tommy offered. "You can buy a house, and a new shop for your jewellers, Mason would want you around and I suppose the rest of us-"

"Stop"

"What?" He said furrowing his eyebrows.

"It won't be possible. London is such a good area to sell." She countered sighing deeply.

"I know. But Birmingham is good too." He tried to tell her but everyone knows a jewellers would not survive in Birmingham. No one has the money in small heath and even if they did, the place isn't extravagant enough to wear posh jewels and diamonds.

"Tommy." She said flicking her head back and pulling it back up to look at him. "My shop wouldn't survive a day in this shithole!"

"You are right. I just think everyone wants you around more. Think about it."

"Is this really what you wanted to talk about Tom?" Octavia asked pulling a sour face.

"Yes now you are dismissed, off you pop." He said waving his hands towards the direction of the door.

She stood up and went to walk out the door, pausing and looking back at the man, before leaving for good. She shut the door behind her seeing that Micheal was no longer sitting at his desk. Another sigh left Octavia's mouth as she trailed around bored, looking for some one to pester.