three

"I felt something"

It was a Tuesday afternoon as the phone rang disrupting Octavia from the work she was doing. "Hello Fern residence, who is calling?" She said cheerily. "It's Thomas." a familiar voice said through the phone. "Mr Shelby what do you need?" She asked politely. "I need to see you. Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?" He asked her. "Is this a date?" She laughed. "If that's what you want it to be." He flirted. "I'll be there." she promised. "Great. I'll pick you up at 6 from your house okay?"
"Got it" she replied.

Octavia was rather excited to see Tommy again. She wanted to clear the air a bit from last time but realised she actually had no contact details to reach him.

She called out for one of her maids whilst she was in the bathtub. "Sit with me would you?"

The maid agreed obviously.

It was her favourite maid. Her name was Lucy. She had a small built and had dirty blonde hair which was pulled back into a low bun.

"What's it like to work for me?" Octavia enquired with no motive to make her feel bad. "I enjoy it miss."
"Honestly?"
"Well yes. I like working closely with you, but I'm aware some of the other maids do not. But they will not quit as this provides them a home. And a family I guess." Octavia sipped the wine which Lucy has brought in for her. "That's awful." She said. "No no don't think of it like that. They do enjoy most of it, just at times." Lucy reassured her.

"I'm going on a date. If you were wondering why you were called here." Octavia changed the subject. "With who may I ask? I'll prepare you a dashing outfit." She smiled. "Thomas Shelby." Octavia looked at Lucy to see her reaction.

Her face remained perfectly still to not cause any upsets.

"The gangster?" she said quietly. "Yes. Mason wants me to do business with him. And I think I like him" Octavia laughed. "Be careful miss. Do you mind if I excuse myself to prepare your outfit?" Lucy asked. "You may."

Octavia finished her bath and walked back to her bedroom to see her full outfit from jewellery to shoes laid out on her bed.

There was a peach and gold dress which glisten in the light making it all the more appealing to Octavia. She loved gold, and especially the way it was sewn into a flowery pattern.

Lucy has put some gold earrings to match it. There were also white heels with straps round the ankles.

It was beautiful.

She got dressed and some of the maids did her makeup. Soon enough the clock struck 6:00pm. There was an abrupt knock at the door. Octavia made her way down to be greeted by Thomas wearing a black suit.

Octavia thought he looked so handsome. Especially the way his hair flopped since he wasn't wearing a flat cap.

He bent down on one knee and kissed her hand. "You are beautiful." He said making her smile. "Thank you. You look great too." She complimented. He stood and led her out the door.

The pair sat in the car in silence as Thomas drove them to a restaurant. It was a fancy one right in the centre of London so the streets were bustling with people. Once they pulled up Tommy helped Octavia out of the car and linked arms with her.

People on the streets stared as they saw their city Princess going to dine with the infamous gangster Thomas Shelby. They trusted her though so no nasty remarks were made. Only smiles.

He held the door open as they entered a dimly lit restaurant which had fountains all over the place.

"Wow" Octavia commented. It seemed to be the only words she could get out. The pair sat at a table sectioned off from everyone else.