13│SHE LOVES ME, SHE LOVES ME NOT

Börja om från början

"Good morning class, I trust you had a good weekend," Mr. Feeny greeted them as he entered the classroom.

"I sure did," Cory replied happily. "My mom baked brownies and my dad rented two monster movie videos."

"I sold blood," Shawn added.

"I read five books and listened to three tapes on my Walkman," Juliet put in cheerfully.

Mr. Feeny ignored them as he continued: "now, this morning we have a guest lecturer. The school board feels that since you're all starting the seventh grade next year, it would behoove you to have an advanced taste of the experience."

Juliet shifted slightly to see their speaker and promptly rolled her eyes when she saw it would be Eric. This will be informative, she thought sarcastically. 

"Eric?" Cory asked.

"Cory?"

"Mr. Matthews?" Mr. Feeny questioned, surprised.

"Mr. Feeny!"

"I thought the school said they were sending over good students," their teacher said pointedly.

"Nah," Eric answered. "The problem with smart kids is they all have goals to pursue. I'm just looking to get out of Algebra."

"Lucky me." Mr. Feeny didn't sound too happy about the prospect. "Proceed."

"Hi kids, I'm Eric. I'm in the tenth grade at Adams High, the school you'll all be going to next year."

"At least all of us who pass," Minkus said, looking at Shawn.

"Hey, Minkus, pass this." The boy gave an armpit fart.

Juliet sighed and sunk in her seat slightly to rest her forehead in her hand.

"Please, class, give Mr. Matthews your attention."

"Matthews?" Topanga asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm Cory's older brother. I got the good hair," Eric said proudly as he showed off. "Anyway, next year you guys will be seventh graders or, as we upper classmen will be calling you, phlegm balls. Now, there's gonna be a few things you're gonna need to know for the survival on the mean streets of high school."

"Will the exam process be more rigorous?" Minkus asked.

The older boy shrugged. "Yeah, uh, parties are gonna be a lot better too because you can stay out later, and of course, cool clothes are a must." He gave a spin.

Juliet lowered her hand and folded arms together on her desk, leaning her head on one side to look at Shawn. This was going about as well as she expected it to go.

"For the young detention sitter on the go," Mr. Feeny remarked.

"Yeah. Uh, you're gonna want to know where the parking lot is too because that's where the most popular kids hang and you're gonna want to hang with them. Unless, of course, you want to look like a complete nerd." Eric looked at the boy sitting in the front row. "No offense, Mink."

"I have a question," Cory spoke up, raising his hand.

"Who cares?"

"This isn't like home, Eric. In here when I raise my hand you have to answer," he explained smugly.

"I do?"

"I do, too."

Cory ignored them. "Alright, now next year when you're sixteen and driving to school, would you be willing to give a ride to a certain, few select phlegm balls?"

"Do I have to?" Eric asked their teacher.

"I wouldn't."

"Drop dead," he said to his brother.