31 | Grin

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 2535

"They're late..."

Eren lifted his head, glancing at Levi. The ravenet took a sip from the porcelain teacup in his hands, before placing it back onto the wooden table. He sat at the head of the small table, a table clearly meant for more than two people, sideways on the windsor chair as he rested his arms on the chair's back. A teapot of the same set as his teacup was placed on the table on a tray. Eren moved his eyes back to the teacup in front of him, staring at the dark colored liquid inside it as he kept his hands on his lap.

"I can't believe that good-for-nothing Erwin... Making me wait..." Levi muttered with a bitter tone, "The MPs are going to get here first..." 

He glanced at Eren, before grabbing his teacup to take another sip, "Most likely... He's having some trouble taking a shit." Eren chuckled softly as Levi lifted the teacup up to his mouth and drank from it. 

"Captain... You're pretty talkative today," the brunet spoke up. Levi placed the teacup down with a loud clank, before turning to look at him, "Don't be stupid. I've always been talkative." 

The ravenette watched as Eren's shoulders slowly slumped down, a tired and subdued look taking over the brunet's face. His eyes were dull, staring gloomily at the wooden table.

"I'm sorry... Back then... If only... I hadn't made the wrong choice... Things might have been different."

"I told you. No one knows how things will turn out," Levi muttered to him, turning his head around to face the door as a set of knocks suddenly shook it. The door opened with a creak, revealing Commander Erwin, who stepped inside the room.

"I'm sorry I'm late," he apologized, stepping aside from the doorway. Eren watched in wonder as he noticed the Commander was accompanied by more people. Armin stepped into the room, followed by Mikasa, (Y/N) and then two soldiers he assumed were from the Commander's squad. He stared at the group with wide eyes in confusion, blinking slowly as Erwin spoke up.

"We've found someone whom we suspect is The Female Titan."

Erwin sat down at the opposite of Eren, placing the stack of papers in his hands onto the table as he laced his fingers together. Leaning forward as the others took seats, he continued speaking, "Our subject is attached to The Military Police Brigade in Stohess District. We've deviced a plan to capture the target, The Female Titan, once and for all. We move the day after tomorrow. On that day, we are being summoned to the royal capital, with Eren. With the situation as it is, we'll be forced to hand Eren over. If that happens, it'll be difficult to lure out those who are trying to destroy the Wall. As a result, the extinction of humanity would become a real possibility. We designed this operation to through every one of our roadblocks. We're betting everything on it. We will likely not have another chance.

"To put it broadly, Eren will sneak out while we're being escorted by The Military Police Brigade inside Stohess District. From there, he'll lure the target out to be captured, to an underground location if possible, so that she won't be able to transform into a titan. If we can capture one of the titans destryoing the Walls by using Eren as a decoy, the problems of the summons will, of course, disappear. The capital's attention should turn to defending the Walls, as well."