13 | Wound

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 3465

"Somehow, we managed to get most of the titans into this corner of the town, but despite making every effort to avoid engaging them, we lost approximately 20% of our soldiers."

"We didn't lose them," Pixis interfened sharply, glancing at the soldier behind him over his shoulder, "The soldiers didn't die of their own volition. They were sent to their deaths by my orders."

His gaze moved to the city below them, the sunset gracing the buildins' rooftops with its golden light, "At this moment, our race is on the brink of extincion... To give humanity a chance to survive... I'm willing to become a butcher."

"(Y/N)!"

The girl screamed when her body collided with Eren's fist, flying up to the air from the strong impact as she felt her limbs bending into strange positions. All of the hair on the back of her neck rose up when she looked around her, fightened, trying to understand what just happened in the middle of all the debris now making their way with her towards the ground. Not soon after, she let out a painful grunt as all air was pushed out of her lungs, the hard bricks of the rooftops smacking against her back.

"(Y/N)!" Mikasa screamed, reaching out to the girl with her hands. The whole squad gasped as they stared at the girl, stiff as sticks from the frightment.

And before (Y/N) even knew it, Eren had lifted his other fist up to the air, ready to punch the living daylights out of her in the next few seconds. But she was quick to realise it, and just in time jumped to the side, away from the spot she was destined to get hit on. She quickly shot her wires, and flew up to the titan's face despite the others yelling not to.

"Eren!" she screamed, using her leg to land a few stomps on his forehead, "Don't you recognise me?! I'm (Y/N), you friend! You need to lift up that rock and plug up the hole, remember?!"

"(L/N)!" Ian yelled, watching as Mikasa quickly shot her wires and was now flying towards the two, "Mikasa, don't! Get away from him!"

Rico, another member of the squad assigned to defend Eren, sighed as her now shaking hand made its way to her pocket, ready to pull out one of the signal flares, "The mission's failed!"

She placed the red flare inside her gun as her eyes were glued to the titan, and shot it up to the sky, "I knew there was no secret weapon..."

(Y/N) was still attached to Eren's face, yelling at her friend in despair, "Eren! You're human!" Despite her tries to get Eren back to his senses, from the corner of her eye she could see the titan's hand clenching into a fist, slowly rising up towards her.

"(Y/N)! Please! Get out of the way!" Mikasa screamed, startling the girl as her arms wrapped around her torso, and pulled her away from the scene just as Eren's fist had sped up. (Y/N) watched in terror over the ravenette's shoulder as Eren's fist landed his own face, the powerful punch making him lose consciousness and fall to the ground, all limp. Mikasa quickly flew over to the others, to safety, stumbling a bit when her feet finally touched the ground.

"What the hell...?" Mitabi Jarnach, another member of the squad, muttered, "He's just another stupid titan..."

"Eren...?" (Y/N) mumbled, turning around to get a look at Eren, who was now lying against the boulder in his titan form.