2 | That Day

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 2981

"As everyone knows, 107 years ago the entire human race, save for us, was devoured by the titans. Following that, our ancestors constructed mighty Walls that the titans couldn't get over, and thus succesfully secured a safe, titan-free domain.

"That is, until five years ago...

"I'm sure many of you were present there, five years ago, when tradegy struck again."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"N-No way..." Armin whispered. "Even the biggest titans are less than 15 meters tall...! For its head to stick out over a 50 meter Wall..."

"It's moving!"

The titan lifted its right leg, and kicked the Shiganshina District's stone gate with it. The blow was so strong that the gate was immediately destroyed, and crushed into the millions of pieces that flew across the sky directly into the city.

(Y/N) watched her eyes wide as the pieces of stone came crashing down, shaking the ground under her feet. She quickly covered her head to protect herself from the boulder destroying the building next to her, her three friends doing the same. She then turned back to look at the Wall, where the Colossus Titan was still standing.

"W-What...?" the girl whispered, watching how the titan now disappeared into the smoke and left the now broken gate fully open. "Ah... I-It... Made a hole in the Wall?!"

The citizens around the children suddenly started screaming, and running away from the Wall. (Y/N) watched in horror as the citizens helplessly pushed each other out of the way, trying to get as far as possible from the hole.

"Guys, run!" Armin said, trying to get his three friends to follow him. "We have to get out of here before the titans get in!"

(Y/N) was about to follow him until he saw Eren, who instead started running in the wrong direction, towards the Wall.

"Eren?!" she called out with a trembling voice.

"Those pieces of the Wall fell near the houses!" Eren answered, still continuing to run. "Mom's at home!"

(Y/N) gasped as she remembered her grandparents. Her house was near Eren's, meaning that if Eren's house was destroyed, it was possible for a boulder to land on her home. Grandma was still in there before she left, so it was possible that...

"Mikasa!" Armin yelled as the ravenette ran past him, and went after Eren.

(Y/N) shook her head and glanced at Armin behind her, letting out a deep sigh. She then started running after the two, whispering few words to her blond companion before leaving. "Sorry, Armin..."

The blond watched in horror as his friends left him, his hand shaking so much that he had to hold it down. "It's... Too late..." he said, his heartbeat increasing every second he watched the titans come in. "This town will be overrun by titans!"

The sound of screams and desperate cries reached (Y/N)'s ears; her legs were almost giving off already, but she had to continue running. She bumped into some citizens on her way home, some of them were running away in despair, while some of them already lost their hope because their loved one was under one of those big rocks.