6 | The World that the Girl Saw

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 3067

"Mama..."

(Y/N) sat on the bed next to her mother, who tightened her grip on the girl's warm hand. She looked back at her with tired eyes, and smiled gently at the sight of her dear daughter next to her. The woman's skin was paler than ever, her eyes didn't hold the same fiery look like they used to, and her beautiful, silky hair wasn't as shiny as it was before.

"Hello, Dr. Yeager," the woman said, not even sparing a look at the doorway to know who it was.

"Agatha," Grisha acknowledged, placing his bag down on the floor. "How are you?"

"Not very well, but I suppose you already know that, because my daughter got you here," she answered.

"You know I don't do these home-visits just because it's an emergency," the man replied. "If it's my friend, of course I'll come."

Agatha laughed dryly at his words, before sitting up on the bed and pulling the blanket off her. She moved her head to look back at (Y/N), who was staring out of the window on their left. She tapped the small girl's shoulder, and pointed to the doorway Grisha was standing at.

"Would you go outside of the room for a little bit, (Y/N)? I need to talk to Dr. Yeager alone," she asked, pushing the girl slightly from her back.

"Of course, mama!" the girl replied, jumping off the bed and running to the door.

(Y/N) walked out of the room, leaving the two alone with a final glance at her mother. As she stepped outside to the hallway and turned to her right, she saw Eren standing there by himself, leaning on the wall while keeping his hands in his pockets. As the boy noticed her, he pushed himself away from the wall, raising his eyebrow.

"What is it?" he asked.

"They wanted to be alone," (Y/N) answered, walking towards the stairs as Eren started following her. "I don't understand why, though... Why can't I be there while they talk and Dr. Yeager checks her condition? They do this every time..."

"Maybe they're talking about some secret medical stuff you're not supposed to know about."

"What do you mean?"

"Like... I dunno. Some stuff... I don't know what doctors say to their patients, I'm not going to be one myself anyways..."

"I see..." (Y/N) mumbled. "Well, if you don't want to be a doctor, what do you wanna be when you grow up?"

Eren didn't even think before he already answered the question, almost interrupting the girl. "I'm gonna be a soldier in the Survey Corps!" he exclaimed, puffing out his chest in pride.

"Seriously?!" (Y/N) asked, widening her eyes as she stared at him, a big grin forming on her lips. "No way! Me too!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! It has been a dream of mine for a long time already!" the girl said, walking to the kitchen with the boy behind her.