Chapter Twenty Five

Nihat had received the phone call from Azizbey, and as expected he agreed to meet with him, but he still had reservations about Cans intentions. He still wasn't sure if Can was the right person for his daughter. He seemed to be a kind and caring person, he was definitely a charming man, but would he take care of her and protect her. His Sanem was a bit naive and little to trusting when it came to the heart. But they all had been blindsided by Adin, and his continuing actions had Nihat concerned. He would keep an open mind and meet with Cans father, for his daughter and the sake of his own marriage. Mevkibe could be a force to be reckoned with if she wanted to be, or if she had her mind set on something. 

Can and Sanem had both decided to talk to her parents together, after Aziz talked to them. They needed to get things going on the wedding if they where to make the deadline of the magazine. The the main office of the magazine being in Rome was even better. They would start their honeymoon in one of the most romantic cities in the world and they travel to the most exotic. That is, if her parents consented. He didn't even want his mind to think about that, surely they wouldn't deprive them of the happiness they wanted so badly. He knew she had lead a different life then him, her parents dictated to her what she would do. Unlike himself, who had made his own decisions since an early age. 

Sanem was busy finishing the files that Ms. Deren had given her, when Aziz walked in the room,   " Well it's set," he said, his face reflecting the joy he felt. " I will visit your parents this evening at 7:00, and go from there." So maybe you and Can could go for dinner or something, I would really like to see them alone if it's possible."  Sanem shook her head in agreement, " I'm sure that would be fine," she replied, barely being able to contain herself. " Have you told Can yet, he'll be so happy." She beamed. Aziz nodded, " Not yet, but I'm on my way to do so. I wanted to talk to you first." He said. " I want to warn you about something,....or someone, and you are probably already aware of it, but Deren has launched an attack on  you. She has a file full of nonsense against you. It's all quite trivial and nothing that would jeopardize your position here, but I want you to be aware of it." He stated, with sincerity. " She has had feelings for Can for many years, but they have not been reciprocated, which has made her desperate." I will let Can know of this also, so he can handle the matter if need be." It's probably a good thing that you will be leaving here with Can, it could avoid a messy affair, if you know what I mean." He said, patting her on the arm. She nodded, agreeing with Azizbey, " Your right, I have known about her feelings for Can for some time now, but Can is blind to it." She laughed. " Thank you for talking with me about this, I hope things are settled in a few days and we can start making our plans." Aziz had a great respect for Sanem, and could tell she had his sons best interest at heart. 

It was nearing the end of the day, and Can was looking for Sanem. He went to the archive room first, not seeing her there he went to the office floor. She has just coming out of Leila's office, with a stack of files in her hand. Can smiled, stopping her, " There you are, what have you been up to this afternoon?" He asked, stroking her hair. Her eyes darted around, " Can maybe we should be a little bit more discreet when we are at work." She whispered, " We don't need anymore gossip." Can smiled at her, his eyes smoldering with desire, " What gossip, let them think what they want, we will soon be married and that will be a fact." He stated with certainty. She just loved his demanding nature, he never let other peoples thoughts effect him, especially when it came to her. " I don't think we have to worry about it  much longer, we'll both be leaving here soon." He spouted. She nodded, " I know but there could still be consequences, if we're not careful." She whispered, looking around for Ms. Deren. Aziz came around the corner, " Can, my son, I need to talk to you, can you come to the office." He stated, winking at Sanem. 

Entering the office, Aziz sat down on the sofa, " I will be quite open with you son, Deren has approached me with some concerns about Sanem, and also gave me a file she has been keeping on her. " He stated.  Can stood, " Dad, she is being completely unreasonable about her, and I don't know why. She hasn't liked her since the day she came her."  Aziz raised his hand, " Calm down, I have already spoke to her about it, and yes, she has been unreasonable when it comes to Sanem. The file had nothing in it that would cause alarm." He explained. " But Can, you must know that she has been waiting for the opportunity to come for you to be interested in her." And with Polen out of the picture she felt it would happen." Can shook his head, " Dad I never gave her any reason to think that, other than being polite to her, but thats all."  Can exclaimed. " So she tried to get rid of Sanem, because I fell in love with her." He spouted, throwing his hands up in the air. " I'm going to talk to her," Can spewed, turning to leave the office, " Son just let it go, I've already talked to her and had to explain to her that Sanem would be leaving the agency soon. But she would be going with you, as your wife." Aziz said. 

Deren sat in her office, staring off across the room, " So she's going to marry him, Can is getting married......why?" She let the thoughts of that roam around in her head. She had waited so long for him, but he was never going to be hers, so once again she would have to watch him be with someone else that wasn't right for him. And he had chosen Sanem, of all people, a stupid little nothing girl from the district, over her. She thought of herself as intelligent, fairly attractive, and ambitious, why wasn't he attracted to her. Should she consider leaving the agency, it was getting harder and harder to remain there. But her heart had always been there, with Azizbey, the first person who had seen any potential in her......but maybe it was time.....

Can had finally calmed down enough to hear reason from his dad. " Oh, by the way, I will be meeting with the Aydins this evening at 7:00, so it might be nice if you took Sanem out for dinner, so we can have our talk." He said. " If all goes well, which I'm sure it will, we will set a day and time to come for a proposal. And don't worry, I'll make it soon." He said with a laugh. Can jumped up, " That's great dad, yes I'll take her out someplace nice, but not to fancy, she's not a fan of fancy or frilly." He said.

Can was on cloud nine, as he went to find Sanem....

" How many days until he would have the woman of his dreams.....

" One day would be one day to many" He thought, smiling..........