Chapter Seven

Leila wasn't  happy that she had to be the one to tell her sister about Polen, but it was better to know now than later. It was true, they might be separated now, but for how long. Sanem went straight to the coffee bar to make some tea, her head in a fog, she had so many doubts floating around she wasn't even sure if she wanted to see him today. But in an instant he was there, standing behind her, " Good morning Sanem, will you please bring tea to my office, thank you." He said, lingering there for a second taking in her smell that always made him weak. She didn't turn around to greet him, she merely shook her head in agreement. Her body was heated with just the closeness of him, how would she be able to confront him about his girlfriend if he made her unable to breath with just his presence. 

As he walked away, he thought it was odd for her not to look at him, but thought maybe she was trying to cover up their relationship. He waited for her to come, but it seemed like forever,  finally she tapped on his door with the tea in her hand. He smiled and motioned her in, " Hello my love, I thought you would never get here."  He whispered to her as she sat the tea on his desk. Her eyes were avoiding his, making him uncomfortable, and causing him to wonder what had happened. She nodded a quick hello and started to leave, but he immediately stopped her by grabbing her arm, " Sanem, what's wrong," he asked, fearful to hear the answer. Had her parents caught her early this morning when she returned home, had they forbid her to see him now, or what. She let her eyes look into his, her heart melted just at the sight of him, " Can, I guess maybe I will give you the opportunity to tell me what's wrong, since you are the one with the girlfriend that I didn't know about." She spurted out, trying to hold back the tears that were filling her eyes.

Can's eyes opened wide, " What girlfriend, there's only you....what are you talking about." He questioned, his voice in a panic. She searched his eyes for a reason to doubt, but she wasn't sure of what she saw, " Well, what about Polen, is she not your girlfriend, you know, she lives in London and you've been together for years." She raved, letting herself loss control a little, which she always hated to do. Can stepped closer to her, " Sanem, Polen and I have been apart for quite some time now. Who told you that we were together anyway?" He questioned her, visibly upset that she was questioning his feelings for her. She turned to him quickly, " Apart, you mean your not together anymore," she asked, her eyes wide, embarrassed at her behavior. " No my love, I ended it with her a couple of months ago, a while before I came here." He said, moving closer to her, holding her hand to keep her near. " Who ever told you that, didn't have the correct information. There's only you for me, that's it." He stated, fixing his eyes to hers, making her legs turn weak. This man and those eyes should be illegal and banned to society, as she felt her defenses instantly disappear. She smiled, not able to look away from him, " Leila, Leila told me about Polen," she stuttered, losing herself in his gaze. " Leila?" He said, " Well, she was wrong, there's nothing between Polen and I, you can be sure of that." He stated, stroking her arm as if to calm her down. She took a deep breath, " Sorry, I shouldn't have believed her until I talked to you," she said, looking sheepishly at him with her brown eyes. 

Can motioned for her to sit down, " What did your parents say about a date to come over to meet."  He asked. He was hoping to be able to go soon, like today, he thought. " I didn't have a chance to talk to my mother yet, she was up and gone early this morning, so I will talk to her tonight." She said, assuring him she would make the date soon. It was all he could do to keep his hands off of her, office or no office, he had to touch her. He moved her over towards the sofa that was in his office, pulling her down to sit next to him. She followed his directions fully engrossed with him, he pulled her close to him, tracing her face with his hand. His touch was like a spark of electricity, that shot straight through her body, he kissed her cheek and traveled down to her neck. His breath was hot on her skin, " Hmmm, you smell so good, this is a smell I could never get tired of." He said, kissing her neck. She moaned his name, " Can, please, someone could walk right in." She pleaded. The words were no more out of her mouth then Deren tapped on the door as she walked in, " Can we need to.....Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know you were busy." She blurted, embarrassed and shocked at what she had interrupted. Sanem jumped away from him, embarrassed herself at the situation. Can turned to Deren, " Yes Deren, what is it." He asked with an impatient look on his face. " We need to go over the script for the Organic company, we will have to shoot the commercial in a few days, and this needs to be sent." She replied, shooting a look of disgust at her, but Sanem didn't move away from him, she remained there, staking her claim to be there.

Can calmly look over the folder, then handed to back to Deren, " I think that it's fine, go ahead and sent to their way." Is everything organized for the shoot?" He asked. " Yes, we have it all in place," she told him, " CeyCey handled it all." Can nodded his head, letting her know the meeting was over, " Ok, I'll send this off then," she stammered, moving to the door. " Oh, by the way, if my door is shut, please wait for me to say you can come in, from now on. Thank you." He spewed at her. She shook her head and darted out the door, shutting it behind her. Can turned and smiled at her, " Well that should take care of us having to tell the office that we are a couple." He said quite proud of how he had handled it.

Sanem sat with her mouth open, shocked at what he had just done. There was no turning back now, the whole office would know.....she wasn't quite sure if she was ready for that, but she was happier than she had ever been...........

Can reached for hand, kissing it he said, " Sanem my love, there's no one else for me, not now.........not ever.