Chapter Three

It seemed like hours since he had dropped Sanem off in her neighborhood, and still no word from her. He was nervous, but all he could do was wait, hoping she would come soon. He had a sick feeling in his stomach, dreading the worst. " I should have gone with her, but she was so stubborn she insisted on going alone." He thought as he stirred the fire. The weather had turned off chilly and cloudy, it almost matched the mood. If he didn't hear from her soon he would go to the neighborhood and search each house until he found her, that's what his heart was telling him to do. But his head was trying to be a bit more realistic and consider what that might do to her. He would have to wait until she called or came to him, that's was his only alternative.

Mevkibe couldn't believe what she was hearing, " Sanem, don't be ridiculous, you don't have to leave your home." Her mother said. " But there will be some rules you will need to go by, and you will have to answer to your father." Sanem sighed, " Mom, rules really, I'm no longer a teenager, so please don't try and treat me as one." She stated at bit sarcastically. Mevkibe quickly stood, grabbed her shoulders and swung her around to face her, " Listen Sanem, while you are in this house you will have respect for our authority, and not speak to me in that tone." Sanem stuttered, " I'm sorry mom, I didn't mean to be disrespectful." Her mother could still put the fear of god in her with just a look. " Now sit down and let's talk this through, without your ultimatums." Her mom said, as she pushed her back down in the chair.

Sanem just couldn't get through to her that she was in love with Can and intended to be with him. It was like she had tuned her out, and was only interested in laying out the rules she was to follow. It was at that moment that she realized her parents were the same as Adin. Forcing her to do things she didn't want to do, telling her how she was suppose to feel. She felt like a puppet on a thousand strings, and they were all pulling them in ever which direction. What would she do, she heard her mother telling her she would go to work and straight back home everyday, no working over time, she wasn't to see this Can, except at work, and no spending time alone. Sanem was stunned, did she really think she was going to do all of that stuff. " Mom, that's not going to work, you can't make me not see him, I love him." She stated loudly. Her moms eyes grew dark and rimmed with tears, " Sanem, please don't make this harder than it should be, just stay away from him, and you will get over those feelings." Her mother stated, as if she was talking to her when she was 15 years old with a crush on someone. 

Sanem's heart was breaking, " Momma, give him a chance, just meet him and you'll see that he's a wonderful person." She begged. Her mom held up her hand to stop her, " Sanem that's enough, you heard what I said, now unless your father had a different plan, you are to do exactly as I said. We will start looking for you another husband here in the neighborhood, that is if the word about what you did to Adin hasn't tarnished your name and the family's honor." She announced. " I hear that Nesrin has a nephew that will be returning from the military in a few days, maybe we can set up a meeting and go from there." She told her daughter, patting her hand. Sanem drew in a deep breath, " Mom, you need to listen to me, I intend to be with Can, and not some random guy that you pick out for me, I have to go with my heart and my heart is with Can. Now, I'm going to bring him here for you to meet, so please keep an open mind." She pleaded. Mevkibe ached for her, but she agreed to meet him, " Ok Sanem, we will meet him, but that's all, don't expect us to accept your relationship. You are from two different worlds and it will never work, my daughter and I say this with all the love in my heart for you." I don't want you to be crushed by this man." 

Can was deep in thought when his phone rang, making him jump. He grabbed it, thinking it would be Sanem, but saw Emre's name on the phone. " Yes Emre, I'm listening,"  He said. " Abi, where are you, you haven't been home in a couple of days or to the office, what's going on." He asked. " I'm at the cabin Emre, I'm thinking through some things, don't worry about me." He explained, wanting to get off the phone quickly, in case Sanem tried to call. " Well Deren needs a little help here with a new campaign, and I really don't understand the creative part so will you be in today." He asked. Can sighed, " Emre, I'm not coming in today, have her send me what she's working on and I'll take a look at it." He explained, sounding impatient. Emre knew something was up, but his brother had always been a secretive person, so getting him to talk would be impossible. " Ok, Abi, I'll tell her, are you sure everything's alright, you sound stressed." He said, trying to get him to open up. Can quickly replied, " Nope, I'm fine, don't worry about me, I'm just need some time, ok." I'll see you tomorrow." He said, raising his voice to match his mood. Can ended the call, the agency just didn't seem important to him right now, he was much to worried about Sanem to carry on any type of business. 

Sanem smiled at her mom, " Thank you for agreeing to meet him, you'll love him I'm sure of it." He's not your typical spoiled rich guy, his very sincere and humble." Her mom could tell he had swept Sanem off her feet, and she herself knew that feeling all too well. " Ok Sanem, if your father agrees too, we'll meet him, but don't get your hopes up."  Sanem already had her hopes up, and there was no way they were going to keep her from him. She needed to call him or go to the cabin, but she was afraid of what her mother might do if she told her where she as going, so the only thing left to do was sneak out after her parents went to bed. She had done it many times before, but not since she had been an adult, but there's a first time for everything, she thought. 

She just knew that Can was waiting for her, praying for her to come and she wasn't about to let him down...........no matter what her parents said.....