epilogue

Song: runaway (U&I)
by galantis
______________________

Rogelio's POV

"She's so cute, isn't she?"

Kyle asks, wrapping his arm around mine and nuzzling his face into me. I nod and rest my head on his with a smile. Our small daughter Clara weaves in and out of everyone's legs with a huge smile on her face. Her pale skin and blonde hair are all Kyle's, but her tail and scaly arms and hands resemble my own. Her cousin Finn runs after her and I laugh when Lonnie chases them around everyone.

'Yeah.'

Kyle sits up and I look down to him, our eyes meeting the way they always do. He smiles at me and glances to Clara. I notice how he has lost his teen features and grown up quite a bit, his jawline much more prominent and hints of stubble growing around his chin the most noticeable.

"I understand it now. I understand."

He says. I frown at him and shake my head, not following what he's trying to say.

'Understand what?'

He smiles again and reaches up to rest a hand on my face, curling his fingers slightly and leaning forwards, much closer than he was before.

"Everything."

I smile at him and nod, when Clara comes over to us with a smile on her face.

"Dad, Papa! Auntie Adora said it's time for your dance!"

Kyle looks up at me and laughs.

"Well then 'papa', we better go."

I nod and Clara squeals in excitement when we take to the floor. At first it was awkward with everyone staring at us, seeing as this wasn't usually something everyone watched, but after a few seconds it becomes enjoyable, and our friends' eyes that are full of admiration are more encouraging.

When more people start to join in Clara runs to us and I pick her up, spinning her around as she giggles. Kyle ruffles her hair and the three of us stand together, all of our friends enjoying themselves around us.

I never thought we'd get here. Every since Shadow Weaver told us off all those years ago, telling us we would be punished severely if she caught us together again, I thought that was it. I thought we would either be forced apart, or punished so cruelly we wouldn't be able to look at each other the same way again. But then it all changed.

The day that Scorpia and Glimmer broke into the Fright Zone was the day we escaped. We found a new home, a new life. Lonnie wanted some time away, but we didn't mind.

Then a couple of years later, the universe sent another cruel sign. Astra arrived. She destroyed our home and everything we worked for.

But she introduced us to He-Man, and without her landing we would have never found out about Kyle's relation to Adora.

Regardless of all of the mess we've been through, and all of the crazy twists and turns we've had come our way, Kyle and I always find each other. We keep each other safe.

We understand each other.

And that's why I love him.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I'm a fan of traditionally short epilogues!

So, this is it.

The end. This story is my second complete fanfiction, along with my bbrae one titled 'last summer', and I think my writing has improved a little since then.

Even with the change of tone / plot half way through I felt that this story was super fun and I really appreciate everyone who supported me on this writing journey!

So now, it's goodbye, and I hope I'll meet you again in another story someday!

-Rose 💗🌞