twenty one

Song: God must be doing cocaine
by charlotte lawrence
_________________________

Kyle's POV

'You're okay. We're safe.'

Rogelio held me in his arms as I sobbed into his chest, trying not to make too much noise. I didn't know what he was saying at the time, or at least all I had heard was 'okay', but he told me later on.

We had just moved in to our new home and it was a huge change. The images were much scarier than they were when I slept in my soldier's bunk, and much clearer, so with that came an agonising night of dreams that put all sorts of images inside my head.

"Hordak... he's going to find us, Ro. He's going to get us..."

In that moment it felt like my mind was tearing me apart, which it was, but he kept me sane. He held me as I fell asleep, and didn't close his eyes himself until I was gone.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt a happiness beyond anything I'd ever felt before. Because I knew he was there for me, and I knew that I would be there for him, too.

But now I sit alone in the white cell, with nothing left of him but his scent that stuck to the mattresses. I lie on top of them and pull the blankets I was using to sleep on over me, and as I close my eyes I inhale his warm and familiar smell.

I'm so relieved he escaped, so happy that he's not imprisoned anymore, but a part of me is in despair. I'm alone.

The door of the cell slides open and I pull the blankets down to my nose and peek out. I'm expecting one of those creepy glass figures but instead I lock eyes with my captor, who smiles at me with nothing but malice in her eyes. I grip the blanket to make sure it stays over me, but she doesn't come close enough to disturb me anyways.

"Your lot sure are a handful, aren't they? I was debating whether or not to do this, but..."

She fixes her hair and licks her teeth before continuing her sentence.

"They don't understand the severity of what they've done. I don't think they understand the fact that I need them."

I glare at her and breathe in more of Rogelio's scent, which is all I need to refrain from lashing out. For now.

"Well, are you going to come with me?"

She says, gesturing out into the corridor. I shake my head but she narrows her eyes at me.

"Come with me."

I reluctantly stand up and hug myself in an attempt at comfort. The sword is lying beside my bed on the floor but I try to block it from my vision and thoughts as best as I can, not wanting to think about anything other than the present, and what's happening right now.

Don't think about Rogelio, dont think about whoever that He-man guy is, don't think about She-ra's sword in the hall.

"Here we are."

I gulp when I find myself face to face with a huge glassy screen. Astra taps some buttons and within seconds it lights up, casting a soft glow over the walls surrounding us. My stomach drops when I realise what's on the screen.

The Waste. But not just the Waste. It's the valley of the lost, my home. Our home.

"Stop tormenting us!"

I cry, my throat burning. Astra laughs and taps some more buttons, which makes the floor vibrate suddenly. I fall over and shake my head at her.

"No! What are you doing!"

She glares at where I lie on the floor, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"You refuse to transform into He-Man. Your friends refuse to give me their magic."

"Stop talking about he-man! I don't know who that is!"

She rolls her eyes and points at the screen before us. My stomach drops to the floor.

Fire. Explosions, and fire. My home, the entire valley, is suddenly swallowed by a red and orange mass of flames. Smoke billows into the air, blacking out the cameras, but the  image is ingrained in my mind.

"You're a monster!"

I shout, leaping from the floor and running at Astra. She folds her arms with a smirk and I can't help but notice the screen is completely black now, only showing my reflection.

My golden and glowing reflection.

I flinch away from her and gawk at the tall figure staring back at me, his build much stronger than mine and his hair much shorter.

"You destroyed my home... for this? You're so sick!

I shake my head over and over again, hoping it's not really gone, hoping that all those people aren't really dead.

But they are.

Whatever pain fuels me, whatever sadness and disgust runs through me is powerful enough to give me some hope.

I clench my fists and turn on my heels, sprinting as fast as I can down the corridor. There's a sword in my hands now, and I'm not sure how it got there, but it's enough to push me past the round of guards that try to stop me. I push them with my unusually muscly arms and keep running towards the door of the ship.

I'm almost there.

I'm so close.

I lift the sword as high as I can above my head and plunge it into the steel door, the horrible crunching sound making me wince but only for a moment. Footsteps get louder behind me and I force myself through the gap, cutting my leg in the process.

I'm expecting fresh air so I suck in, relieved, but what I inhale is the complete opposite.

It's smoke. Lots and lots of smoke.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I'm so so so sorry that my writing is getting worse. Idk what to do but I'm trying my hardest I guess lmao.

Also I'm sorry it took so long for this huge reveal of he-man? Twenty chapters like- but anyways this story will probably end up way longer than I expected, since it took so long for me to DRAG out the twist.

-Rose 💗🌞